[Los Angeles, CA Permaculture] OCT 17 6:30pm talk Stephen Brooks and Kara Alter Venice CA

wesley roe Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Oct 16 07:00:18 PDT 2018

OCT 17 6:30pm talk Stephen Brooks and Kara Alter Venice CA
Join us for an evening discussion about ecovillage design, intentional community living and regenerative solutions for a healthier, happier planet. Let's co-create this dream together!
https://www.facebook.com/events/2287349968168517/

We will meet in the community garden outside of Beyond Baroque in Venice at 6:30pm, and begin the discussion at 7pm, led by permaculture expert Stephen Brooks and community builder Kara Alter.

We'll also be introducing and answering questions about our new 170-acre ecovillage project called Alegría Village, which will include ~100 homes, an elder village, a community farm, a yoga & event space, an "ecoversity" and sacred spaces tucked throughout the trees. Our intention is to return to our roots, and live a simple, grounded, regenerative, and deeply connected lifestyle surrounded by soul family.
See you in the garden! :)
-
Stephen is a wildly passionate ethnobotanist and permaculture educator, and has been creating thriving ecological communities in Costa Rica for over 20 years. In 1995, Stephen founded Punta Mona on the Caribbean of Costa Rica, which has become a world leader in tropical permaculture and an extensive botanical collection of useful plants.

Tens of thousands of students have visited and have been inspired by this rotating community of change makers. In 2006, Stephen co-founded La Ecovilla in San Mateo, Costa Rica as a world model for sustainable living, made up of of 45 families from 25 countries. Now he is embarking on a new 170-acre ecovillage project next door, Alegría Village, expanding the vision to include even more families, students, and elders.

Kara is a brand and business strategist, focused on helping companies, non-profits, and communities identify their purpose and unite around a shared vision for the future. She has led brand and culture development projects for global businesses such as PayPal, Google, Evite, Disney, and LEGO, and dozens of Los Angeles based non-profits and tech startups. Kara is deeply committed to activating community, especially around dance, art, and urban farming, and has produced free classes/events with L.A GOAL, Art Share L.A., and Kiss the Ground and served on the board of art centers Electric Lodge & Art Share L.A. to revitalize arts culture in rapidly changing neighborhoods. She is currently partnering with Stephen Brooks to bring Alegría Village to life.