[Orange_County_Permaculture] Kickstart/Raising $10.000 for a Film on Regenerative Agriculture by Santa Barbara Filmmaker Beezhan Tulu

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Jul 17 20:56:31 PDT 2011

Kickstart/Raising $10.000 for a Film on Regenerative Agriculture by
Santa Barbara Filmmaker Beezhan Tulu

Please Support I donated $100 for this project , I love it's explanation
of Keyline Design and more Wes

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/regag/living-web-films-regenerative-agriculture

Living Web Films - Regenerative Agriculture
A Documentary project in Santa Barbara, CA by Beezhan Tulu (Mahmoud
Rajabzadeh

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

ABOUT THE FILM:

Many advanced civilizations vanished because they did not take care of
their soil. This film is about a new, progressive, and advanced practice
of agriculture, that will regenerate the soil. With Regenerative
Agriculture we create healthier food, build communities, and most
importantly increase the top soil. Top soil, the skin of the earth, is
where the life of the plant exists, and that is where our food comes
from. Top soil sequesters CO2, turning a poison (in atmosphere) to food.
According to many scientists, ranchers, and environmentalists worldwide,
if we increase the top soil by 1.6%, the top soil sequesters so much CO2
that the amount of CO2 in atmosphere goes back to the amount before the
industrial revolution in less than 10 years. The film documents
different methods of advanced practices including water management
through keyline design, the reintroduction of animals in to landscape,
fertility management, and relocalization. Shot on three continents in
some of the most beautiful farms on the planet, featuring interviews
with some of the most incredible scientist, farmers, environmentalist,
and visiting amazing organizations like Earth Island Institute, Orella
Ranch Stewardship,... A full 2nd production team is in Pre-Production in
amazing farms near Caspian Sea, including my sister Talieh Sefidkoohi as
the 2nd Director and my niece and nephews, Azi, Mamali, and Reza. Mr.
James Arnold Taylor, Obi-Wan Kenobi's (Star Wars) voice over talent has
also shown interest. The Voice over you hear in this trailer is also the
voice of Mr. James Arnold Taylor.

GOAL:

Simply put, we want to get the film out to as many people as possible.
This film carries a universal message. Regardless of age, sex,
nationality, religion,... we all share one home, our precious planet
earth. And as far as we know, there is no back up for our home. Keeping
this planet healthy is beneficial for all of us. We will explore all
distribution options. We plan on taking the film on a tour throughout
the world with prominent scientists who can answer people's questions.

ABOUT KICKSTARTER:

Kickstarter is the largest funding platform for creative projects in the
world. Every month tens of thousands of amazing people pledge millions
of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, art, film, technology,
design, food, and other creative fields. Every Kickstarter project must
be fully funded before its time expires.

WHAT HAPPENS IF WE DON'T REACH OUR GOAL:

If we don't raise our goal, we don't get anything. Donors pledge the
amounts, but don't actually pay until the goal is reached and the
funding deadline has passed. We want to avoid this so please spread the
word. Everything helps! When we meet our goal we will begin licensing
the rights and finish the editing so that we can send you the rewards.

HOW CAN YOU HELP:

This needs to be a big movie. The normal way of making a big movie is to
sell the idea to a studio and give up control. That’s why we’ve turned
to Kickstarter. The more capital we can raise, the more we bring to the
table, the more clout we’ll ultimately have to make the movie we want,
in the way we want. Already we’ve received so much support – from
artists, musicians, permaculture designers, filmmakers and actors who
all want to be part of this. Now we’re asking for your support. We must
raise $10,000 to kickstart this film! This film is only going to be
possible with the help of you (Anyone who loves a positive, inspiring
story about the health of all species). We want this to be your film
just as much as it is ours. The more people who Participate the more
chance we have of getting the story out. To help out please "Like" us on
Facebook, email this Kickstarter link and let your friends, teammates,
supporter groups, and co-workers know about the film and this campaign.
We would love for people to get involved on a local level. Email
info at LivingWebFilms to get more information and become involved.