[Orange_County_Permaculture] LA Screening: “Tipping Point – The End of Oil” – Dec 6th

L. Santoyo santoyo at earthflow.com
Fri Dec 2 17:04:16 PST 2011

http://www.wilderutopia.com/environment/energy/tar-sands/la-screening-tipping-point-the-end-of-oil/
Event: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 Special Screening & Discussion on
Canadian Tar Sands Oil and Healing Our Impact (By Breaking the Fuel
Addiction)

Please join *WilderUtopia* and *Burbank Green
Alliance*<http://www.burbankgreenalliance.org/>in welcoming Canadian
*First Nations actress and activist Tantoo Cardinal* and *Rae Breaux from
Tar Sands Action* at a special Los Angeles area screening and discussion of
*Tipping Point – The End of Oil *on December 6, 2011 in Pasadena.

*THE EVENING WILL INCLUDE ::
*

   - *Screening* of *Tipping Point -- The End of Oil* narrated by Sigourney
   Weaver
   - *Discussion and Q/A* with Special Guests (flying in for the evening
   -- see bios below)
   - *Learn and Get Answers* about the largest industrial project in human
   history, what we can do to help heal its destructive impact, and what are
   options for an alternative energy economy.
   - *Visit with booths* dedicated to building sustainable communities
   - Enjoy Treats and Drinks -- Help us achieve Zero Waste, *bring your own
   drinking apparatus*

*
WELCOME SPECIAL GUESTS *(scroll down for bios)*
*

   - *Tantoo Cardinal*
   First Nations Actress and International Activist
   *Topic:* “The Impact on Indigenous Culture & Our Mother Earth Connection”
   - *Rae Breaux*
   National Organizer of Tar Sands Action
   *Topic:* “Nonviolent Resistance & Future of Keystone XL Pipeline”
   - *Jack Eidt -- Panel Moderator
   *Editor, Wilder Utopia*
   *

*
EVENT DETAILS ::*
*Date :: * Tuesday, December 6th
*Doors Open/Booths :: * 7:00pm
*Screening/ Q&A:: * 7:30-10:30pm
*Suggested Donation :: * $10 to $15  (No-one turned away for lack of funds)
*
*
*Reserve Your Seat Today*
*When donating, be sure to include in the comments section the number of
party members and their names
**Please note, donations will be managed by “Social and Environmental
Entrepreneurs”

Or *RSVP* :: email: info at burbankgreenalliance.org (including names of
guests)

*Location ::* All Saints Church (in the Forum)
*Address ::* 132 North Euclid Avenue Pasadena, CA 91101
*Parking ::* FREE -- All Saints lot (North side of church) or Plaza Las
Fuentes/Westin Hotel bottom level (Union and Los Robles.) We will validate
for Westin Hotel.
*Take Metro:  *We are .4 miles form the Memorial Park Gold Line Station*
Share on Facebook ::* http://tiny.cc/TippingPt

*Tipping Point Documentary***…
CBC/Clear Water Media Documentary, narrated by Sigourney Weaver and
Directed by Niobe Thompson and Tom Radford
VIEW TRAILER<http://www.wilderutopia.com/environment/energy/tar-sands/alberta-oil-sands-healing-our-impact-from-the-fuel-addiction/>
VIEW WEBSITE <http://tippingpointdoc.ca/>

*L. Santoyo, Director
EarthFlow Design Works