[Orange_County_Permaculture] Real Food & Community - Dinner & Discussion 4/18 - Free!

Lara Montagne lara at grainproject.org
Wed Apr 17 13:50:05 PDT 2013

Greetings Partners & Friends,

I wanted to let you know about this opportunity:

*Real Food Dinner & Panel Discussion on Food and Community* - *tomorrow*,
April 18th, 2013 from 5:00-8:00pm.  This sustainable event is hosted by UC
Irvine's Real Food Challenge and Hospitality & Dining Hall with food coming
from local sources.

Mark Lowry from Community Action Partnership of Orange County's Food Bank,
Robert Perez from UCI Hospitality and Dining, and I have been invited to be
panelists to showcase our work related to food and community.

I will be highlighting our exciting programs in Santa Ana and beyond
aroundfood access/food justice and environmental stewardship work.
In addition, numerous community leaders from our *CommUnity Roots* backyard
growing and *CommUnity Harvest* backyard harvesting programs will be in
attendance to share their experiences with becoming more self-sufficient
and healthier by growing and sharing their own organic produce in central
Santa Ana, an area with far too many fast food chains and very poor access
to affordable, healthy options on a regular basis.

The Dinner is free to attend but an RSVP is required (use link below) -
space is limited:
http://ucirealfoodchallenge.weebly.com/real-food-dinner-spring-2013.html

Please check out our Facebook page for many recent photos and information
showcasing our work and progress:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Grain-Project/114307595320193   We
appreciate the help in getting the word out, so feel free to share our Page
with your networks (and 'Like' it yourself).

Thank you for your support.  Onward toward a more just, equitable, and
sustainable Orange County!

Best,

Lara

--