[Orange_County_Permaculture] California Regrarian Open Consultancy (RAC) October 22 9:00am -October 23 Half-Moon Bay, California

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Sep 5 05:47:40 PDT 2013

https://www.facebook.com/events/1407372069479759/

California Regrarian Open Consultancy (RAC)  Half-Moon Bay, California

October 22 9:00am -October 23

	REGRARIAN OPEN CONSULTANCY (RAC)

Regrarian Open Consultancy (RAC) is a dynamic 2 day program designed to involved participants directly in the delivery of an integrated farm planning and development consultancy. Led by one of the world’s most renowned & experienced farm planners, Darren J. Doherty (AU), the RAC is all having participants work to understand the 10 step process logic involved with the ‘Regrarian’ Platform which methodically covers each and every element of farm planning and development. In short the RAC is a Professional Development (PD) for primary producers when it comes to production landscape & enterprise planning & development. The RAC experience will result in participants understanding some of the process behind re-booting their own farming enterprises with a step by step approach that is highly adaptable to their own circumstances.

WHAT is a ‘REGRARIAN’?

Regrarian, a portmanteau of ‘Regenerative Agrarian’, is a term first coined by HD’s Darren J. Doherty in 2013 to describe those who are actively undertaking the serious & timely process of regenerating, restoring, rehabilitating, rehabitating, rekindling (etc.!) & rebooting production landscapes across this planet.

Regrarianism as a philosophy and methodology per se is ultimately an expansionist and self-determined reflection of HD’s Charter and is therefore not just about regeneration, but also rehabitation, rehabilitation, restoration, recolonisation (not neocolonialism!), recycling and so on. I purposely took out the ‘A’ in Agrarian, not just because ‘Reagrarian’ doesn’t roll off of the tongue and I wanted to take AG out of it, and for a reason: I believe that Agriculture has been an atrophic exercise and I didn’t want to have it in my word.

REGRARIAN PEDAGOGY

For any methodology to be successfully transferred it needs to have pedagogy that is locally adaptive, strategic, incremental & capability-building in its output whilst being participatory and self-determined in its approach. Humans have always been creatures who have been guided by stories and the wisdom of those past whilst being infused with the adaptive creativity of those current to take them and their communities forward. In our ‘reboot’ we have developed an initial set of learning models to address the current challenges and opportunities.

Darren J. Doherty has delivered over 160 courses & seminars to more than 6000 people since 2001, including 39 Permaculture Design Courses (13 solo). Darren has also completed more than 1600 property development plans since 1993 in 45 countries and is widely recognised as a leader & pioneer in the Permaculture & Regenerative Agriculture movements.

WHEN?

Tuesday October 22nd - Wed October 23th, 2013

VENUE:

The 2013 California RAC is being hosted by the Markegard Family on their home ranch: Markegard Family Grass-Fed Ranch, 20080 Cabrillo Highway, Half-Moon Bay, California, 94019

Markegard Family Grass-Fed is owned and operated by Erik and Doniga Markegard. Markegard Family Grass-Fed provides the community with pastured, locally born, raised and processed meat and eggs through a community supported agriculture program where individuals and families purchase shares of grass-finished steers or lamb and participate in a weekly or monthly buying club.

PRICE?

USD$230/per person

NO DISCOUNTS APPLY FOR THIS EVENT!!

BOOKINGS: