[Orange County, CA Permaculture] Permaculture Los Angeles -Design Course Series begins Oct 2014

larry santoyo earthflowdesignworks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 18:28:36 PDT 2014

*Announcement!*

*Due to the generous support of friends and colleagues, we are now offering
a **two-for-one discount** on the next 6 students to register. Payments of
$525.00 must be made in full. PayPal to <permaculture at earthflow.com
<permaculture at earthflow.com>>*

*The LA Design Course Experience *-One weekend a month for 6 months,
Oct-March.

"Permaculture is :
Design protocols for critical thinking, decision making and problem solving
- all based on the patterns of nature"

Of course, Permaculture's best known application is for gardening- but the
application of the Permaculture Principles can be utilized in any planning
situation, urban or rural, this course uses "the garden as a metaphor" to
focuses on strategies for urban living, localization of business enterprise
and developing community resilience.

The course builds upon itself but each day or weekend can be attended as a
stand alone class. Register for one or more days.

The course begins with a new look at biodiversity and the common patterns
found in natural systems. Permaculture Principles and Design Protocols are
established from these commonalities of nature. The course moves from
identifying systems of ecology to applying these patterns to techniques and
technologies of a built environment. We ask ourselves- How would nature do
it? Applying natural principles for decision making for all systems that
human settlement requires e.g. growing food, securing water, energy,
transportation building techniques are all explored. From using nature for
decision making we learn to apply natures problem solving techniques as we
examine strategies for community and economic development.

The course culminates with the presentation of student projects and
celebration...

For more info: http://www.cityofangelspermaculture.com/design-courses.html

*L. Santoyo, Senior PlannerEarthFlow Urban Design Works 310
383-5495http://earthflowstore.com <http://earthflowstore.com>*