[Orange County, CA Permaculture] The Ojai Valley Green Coalition Presents: Workshop Series at the Ojai Community Demonstration gardens Saturday February 2nd, 10-3pm

wesley roe Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Jan 31 09:43:55 PST 2019

orThe Ojai Valley Green Coalition Presents: Workshop Series at the Ojai Community Demonstration gardens
Saturday February 2nd, 10-3pm

Climate Resilient Landscape Design for Your Home and Our Unique Watershed
SIGN UP/ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/climate-resilient-landscape-design-for-your-home-and-our-unique-watershed-tickets-55311971596 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/climate-resilient-landscape-design-for-your-home-and-our-unique-watershed-tickets-55311971596>

Hands on workshop lead by experts:

Aja Bulla-Richards | Watershed Progressive

Regenerative Landscape Designer and Educator
Regina Hirsch | Watershed Progressive

Principal, Project Designer/Developer
Art Ludwig | Oasis Designs

Ecological Systems Designer and Author
Saturday February 2nd, 10-3pm

FREE Event RSVP- Limited Space
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/climate-resilient-landscape-design-for-your-home-and-our-unique-watershed-tickets-55311971596 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/climate-resilient-landscape-design-for-your-home-and-our-unique-watershed-tickets-55311971596>

Workshop Outcomes:

Understand How Your Actions Could Help Ojai Valley Water Balance
What Actions You Can Take
How to Design Your Property for Resiliency
Schedule:

10:00 Introductions | Overview of the days activities

10:20 Our Watershed | Big Picture Presentation

10:50 Solutions | Resiliency

11:20 Break

11:30 Moving into action:

Reading and Understanding the Land | Site Analysis

12:00 Exercise | Recording and using all our senses to design

12:30 Break

1:00 How to see what is needed: Observational Analysis

1:45 Putting it all together | Site Design part I

2:40 Putting it all together | Site Design part II

Location:

We will meet in Help of Ojai’s Kent Hall at 10am.

111 W. Santa Ana Street

Ojai, CA 93023

**Site Analysis will take place in the Community Demonstration Garden.

If you have any questions please reach out to Tara Saylor, our Demonstration Garden Manager:

Tara at Ojaivalleygreencoalition.org <mailto:Tara at Ojaivalleygreencoalition.org>

Where: Ojai Community Demonstration Garden

When: Saturday, January 5, 10am-3pm

Biking: There is a bike rack at the Community Demonstration Garden.

Parking: Please Park in the lot on S Blanche S and W Santa Ana St. Or the Help of Ojai parking lot.

What to bring: Pad of paper, pen/pencil, refillable water bottle, and wear comfortable shoes.

We will NOT be providing lunch for this workshop. Please bring one with you.

We will have a water bottle refill station.

This special workshop is hosted and sponsored by The Ojai Valley Green Coalition, The City of Ojai and Ventura River Water District.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

City of Ojai Community Demonstration Garden, S Ventura St, Ojai, CA 93023, USA

https://ojaivalleygreencoalition.com/2019/01/24/the-ojai-valley-green-coalition-presents-workshop-series-at-the-ojai-community-demonstration-garden-3/?blm_aid=132103 <https://ojaivalleygreencoalition.com/2019/01/24/the-ojai-valley-green-coalition-presents-workshop-series-at-the-ojai-community-demonstration-garden-3/?blm_aid=132103>