Virii & the WTO

John Howe Dragon at arashi.com
Mon Dec 13 15:39:20 PST 1999

I have backed off the infected file from the list. Thanks to those people
who quickly pointed this out.

Also, I don't know if you are aware of the recent WTO protests and media
spins that happened up here in the last couple of weeks ( Seattle, WA ).
Basically, we had our constitional rights temporarily revoked so that WTO
memebers could meet without question and non-violent civil disobience.
Seattle's UW TV SEA has been covering the communities outlash back @ the
Mayor and goverment for the abuse we received by the police and National
Guard. ( Tear gassing non-violent protestors, physical abuse of
non-violent protestors, temporal suspension of constitutional rights,
denial of 1st Admendment rights, general creation of a police state ).

Basically, there were 50,000 protestors ( Seattle's population is @
500,000 ). Of those protestors, about 50 were responsible for the property
damage, though the police made no effort to curtail their activities. It
has been mentioned by the group "Mothers for Police Accountability" that
this was done intentionally as to set the legal stage for calling a "civil
emergency". It is all pretty scary stuff. I work downtown and I received
my complimentary gassing by the SPD. I tell you this, it is not fun.

I encourage you to look into the activites of the WTO and make your voices
heard. They have links into the FrankenFoods, anti-environmental
protection laws, and child/fair labour issues ( implied negative
influences ).

It saddens me that the media did not cover the real issues of why people
protest the WTO, it was more sensationalism @ a police riot ( though
they blame the protestors ).

Here are some links to futher raise awareness @ the WTO.

WTO Home site:
	http://www.wto.org/

The Ruckus Society:
( One of the major protestor organizations )
	http://www.ruckus.org/

The Independant Media Society Seattle:
( Real, on the street coverage of the Seattle WTO protests )
	http://www.indymedia.org/

The WTO Watch Site
	http://www.wtowatch.org/

Free Speech Internet Television
	http://www.freespeech.org/

Thanks, Your friendly list admin.

By the way, I will be in the California area between 12-21/29ish if there
are gatherings going on.

Blessed Be!

John Howe <johnhowe at arashi.com>
<http://www.arashi.com/>