Pc Design Course for Farmers! Aug-Sept 2000

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Jan 17 08:01:59 PST 2000

Please excuse cross posting and pass the word.
Thanks,
Keith Johnson

Culture's Edge, and Patterns for Abundance present:

A Permaculture Design Course for Farmers
August 28 - September 8, 2000
Tiptonville, (Lake County) West Tennessee

This certificate course is intended for farmers or those wanting to
farm with an emphasis on the mid-South and Mississippi Delta
regions. Four of America's most experienced permaculture and
sustainable agriculture teachers will facilitate this exciting event.

Lake County, Tennessee, is one of the most fertile agriculture regions
in the nation - the area teems with wildlife - but is challenged by the
social, economic and ecological dilemmas of conventional agriculture.

Together we will design a new future for this 4,000 acre
eight-generation family farm on the banks of the Mississippi River.
With organic production for over ten years, now, the Donaldson family
is ready to take it to the next level. This is a great opportunity to
learn how landscape design and whole farm planning can make
farming healthy, environmentally responsible, and profitable again.

We will explore the links between farmers, land, and community and
learn how we can mend the tattered fabric of rural America.

Scholarship funds are available and minority farmers in particular are
encouraged to enroll.

Instructors: Peter Bane, Eric Kindberg, Chuck Marsh, Larry Santoyo,
and guests.

Cost: $550 includes tuition, camping, meals and materials, $100
deposit required to register, $50 discount for full payment by July
15th.

Contact: Chris Donaldson, c/o Silvertop Farms,Rt 1, Box 345,
Tiptonville, TN 38079, 901-253-8028, info at donaldsonfarms.com

<file://c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora
mail\attach\keithdj3.vcf>dd110.jpg<file://c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora
mail\attach\keithdj3.vcf> keithdj3.vcf