Seed Event Sunday

Akiva Werbalowsky akivaw at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 08:02:52 PST 2000

Yes, the Seed Saving and Grain Culture workshop/celebration this Sunday near
Ojai is happening rain or shine, and will probably be the only event of this
type held this year.

We have room for four more friendly gardener types to join us, including two
who can come on half-scholarship.

Since we are preparing meals, please let us know as soon as possible if you
wish to come (today/tonight would be great).

Thanks for all the positive feedback. We'll be having a lot of fun and
eating very well.
Akiva

--------------------

SEED SAVING and GRAIN CULTURE
A special one-day Workshop/Celebration for experienced gardeners

Presented by Ecospirit, a California non-profit community group dedicated to
care of the Earth and all its inhabitants

*Includes Gourmet Organic Lunch by Andrea Rolston of Temple Cuisine*

Ecological nutrition depends upon local community protection of plant
genetic heritage through seed saving and culture. During this unique
hands-on event, we will learn how to select, process, and grow the
healthiest seed available. We will practice these skills and each
participant receives his/her own valuable collection of organic,
locally-grown seed to enjoy this ancient heritage in their homes and
gardens.

Co-taught by:

Lorenz Schaller, director of the Kusa Seed Research Foundation and respected
as our bioregion's most knowledgable organic grain culture expert. The
unique seedbank which Lorenz stewards is living testimony of ancient human
partnership with nourishing plants.

Akiva Werbalowsky, grower of highly diverse food and medicine gardens
in our bioregion, founder of the California State University Permaculture
Program, and perennial organizer of community seed exchanges.

WHEN: Sunday February 27, 9:30am-3:30pm

Continental breakfast starts 9am. Lunchbreak is noon-1pm

WHERE: a home botanical garden near Ojai, CA where many varieties of
grains and winter vegetable crops are flourishing at a scale perfect for the
home garden

COST: $50 or equivalent value (community currency or trade goods) Please ask
about available scholarships.

FOOD: Included is a fresh gourmet organic lunch (vegetarian with some
dairy) by chef par excellance Andrea Rolston of Temple Cuisine. Special
dietary needs accommodated with prior notice. Also included is a healthy
continental breakfast.

This is a small group workshop

Register by sending check payable to:
Ecospirit