looking to host Nat. Building workshop

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Mar 7 21:26:19 PST 2000

 From: "Candace Stolley" <bindujewelry at jps.net>

Hi All,

We are working toward hosting 1or 2 nat. building workshops in the next months
when we can find teaching outfits that are interested in using our location.
Three of us will be attending the Nat. Builders Gathering, end of April, but
one of us may also have to do a workshop.  If  someone of you is seriously
interested and able to do a workshop here later, it might be possible to get
one of our men to take one of your classes first.

Here is a little about what we plan to do and about the circumstance.
We live in the mountains above Clear Lake (about 10mi out, on Morning Valley
Farm, a beautiful 190 service project that is devoted to educating others in
alternatives that are benign to the environment etc. You can read more about
the project on my web site, go to Morning Valley Farm:

<http://www.bindujewelry.com>www.bindujewelry.com

One nat. building we plan will be a communal bathroom, for  future nat.
building retreat cabins and a meditation hall, straw bale probably, both this
summer. The latter will be glorified with spires of art metal work and tiled,
etched glass,etc done  with the intention of being on a postcard and put into
the media where ever possible for advertising the farm and serving the
environmental cause. (being a published metal artist already, I have no doubt
this project will gain wide spread attention over time. So it could perhaps
also help your future work.)  Unique beauty will be an important aspect of
whatever we build, as well as demonstating natural options.

Hosting one or more nat. building workshops could take place in late spring,
this summer or any time before late fall, depending on who would like to do
that here. The earlier the better, as fall is our busier time for makeing
money. I think we will have what will work well for up to 20 people, most of
them camping.

 We will probably have a kitchen and vacant 3 room building available next to
the site until the bathroom is done. And at least part of a VERY large
conventional house, a 3 min. walk  for bathrooms. There is also a solar hot
tub
and lap pool in a green huge house that could be a nice comfort addition or if
nature is preferred, 2 big ponds. Please let me know what you think, so we can
begin to work with you if you are interested.

Candace Stolley