Permaculture Camp in Julian in July

DrRoley at aol.com DrRoley at aol.com
Tue Jul 11 07:50:31 PDT 2000

Marcia

Can you go to the editing of the document as you described in the last email.
Let's you Peter and I talk on Wednesday. I have not set a time yet.

The Executive summary of 8-10 pages can be established with overview comments
and conclusions of intents and a schedule of programs and activities to be
accomplished.

A second section Permaculture plan will give background issues and suggest
directions to deal with various issues that need to be established.

A third section will be the appendix as you and I had discussed with much of
the details and factual data on the land. This will be useful for the actual
designs and can be expanded to be a library of information on the camp
operations.

Peter, Scott Murray and I did a midcourse correction for the Permcamp since
we only had 2 people signed up. There are more people who have said they are
signing up but our outreach has to be expanded. The ability to get this
published and outreach to potential participants still has to be done better.

We decided to take as many folks as sign-up but turn this into a charette
program inviting the vision committee, board of directors, some potential
donors and open it up to family camp participants for the evening activities.
 The focus will be a seminar on ideas and possibilities. What are the
grappling hooks into the future?

We wanted to look at granting opportunities and folks who could carry this as
well as journalists to write about our plans as they are developed.

We will need a short 5-8 age overview summary of the permaculture plan that
you and I can work on as you and I find time within this next two weeks.

The action plan that will be generated from the July workshop will be refined
and presented to the board of visitors Oct 13-15 as a planning document for
potential donors and granting opportunities. Jay Everett course participant
and architect/landscape architect is doing a base map for the July planning
so each of us can have some of the basic planning elements to examine.

Our Nov workshop will be geared to a focused item housing using some of the
guidelines we develop in July. We can ask the staff to brainstorm their
interests and focus on priorities and layout of the new structures during the
thursday building day with Ken Haggard and Drew Hubell.The food system still
needs to be emphasized and hopefully on the July 26 th this will be
accomplished.

What time are you available for a conference call on Wednesday?

Regards,

Bill