Maize Celebration (5 spots left)

Akiva akivaw at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 13:50:55 PDT 2000

On Monday, October 23, 10am-3pm, Ecospirit non-profit group presents:

Traditional Maiz Preparation

Luncheon, Celebration, and "How-To" workshop on preparing maize (native
corn) for traditional southwestern foods: masa, tortillas, posole, hominy,
etc. at a private home near Ojai.

It will be taught to our small group by Guadeloupe, who has practiced
delicious traditional Mexican cuisine her whole life. Her son will translate
from Spanish as needed. We will use organic, home-grown heirloom corn
varieties such as Green Oaxacan Dent, Anastazi, Santo Domingo Blue, Brown
Chapalote popcorn, and more. Amaranth, Quinoa, other home-grown grains,
gourds, and organic greens will also be on hand.

Lunch will be seasonal delights from the garden along with the maiz dishes
we prepare together.

This is a one-time event this year, and there are five spaces remaining at
$15 per person. All proceeds of this non-profit educational celebration go
to the instructor and for food.

For info email:
seedmind at usa.net
or phone 805-783-9546

Confirmation will be to nect five sending check for $15 per person to:
Ecospirit
PO Box 1766
Ojai, CA 93024

circlebalancecirclebalancecirclebalancecirclebalancecirclebalance