Nov 18th Esperanza School Work Party

Frederick M Chambers regenerative at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 17 09:20:25 PST 2000

(Please note the correction in Chula Vista carpool meeting point.  H-Street
is just off of I-5 before the border crossing.  Contact Dr Bill Roley to
double-check rendezvous plan.  Details at bottom.)

We are invited to spend a day gardening and/or decorating/building at
a  beautifully magical place just south of the Border in Tijuana.

Saturday November 18th
Volunteer Day at Esperenza School, Tijuana,
The facility is a hilltop art academy for the children of Tijuana.  Classes
include music, ballet, and other arts designed to instill creativity and
art appreciation in Mexican youth.  Don't worry, we're not going to teach
art, we are going to work on the infrastructure.  You'll envy these kids.

Meet at the Chula Vista H-Street Trolley stop at approx. 8:30 ­9:00am
Trolley schedule and maps available at www.sdcommute.com
We'll return around 4 or 5:00PM

Highlights include:   Permaculture with edible landscaping and gardening;
Gorgeous Hubbel , architectural tiling;
Green building techniques to expand the schools services in the community;
150-fruit trees planted last Spring and plumbed with irrigation.
Continual work and support needed in the form of work parties like this!
Come share, work, learn, enjoy, and meet new friends!

You will have a blast.  I went last year, and it was awesome.
- Fred

To confirm, and line-up carpools, call
Dr William Roley
Permaculture Institute of Southern California, Director
949-494-5843
or mailto:DrRoley at aol.com