[Sdpg] April 29 Futhur Update just in on Natural Building Network meeting w/ Gary Duncan in Santa Barbara

sdpg-admin at arashi.com sdpg-admin at arashi.com
Tue Apr 24 13:46:29 PDT 2001

Natural Buildings Network is hosting Gary Duncan, founder of Colorado's Smart
Shelter Network, this Sunday, April 29, at Hatch&Parent's community relations
office at 1014 State Street, at 7pm.  We invite the public to learn about
natural materials projects that avoid toxic materials and conserve our natural
resources and precious clean air and water supplies.
Check out www.smartshelter.com Gary' WEbpage

 We suggest a donation of $10 for Gary's travel expenses.  We also ask that
guests refrain from wearing any artificial fragrances, for those who are
highly
allergic.

Come hear Gary's latest techniques, plus hear local builders discuss
'papercrete', new cob construction at the Ojai Foundation, and other pertinent
topics.

Any questions?  Please contact
<mailto:MAFroley at MindSpring.com>MAFroley at MindSpring<mailto:MAFroley at MindSpr
ing.com>.com

The Natural Builders Network listserv was birthed after a half-day workshop
with
Gary Duncan from smartshelter.com (on November 11, 2000). The listserv is a
way
to keep the energy flowing and the communications moving regarding creating a
Network of Natural Builders in the area from San Luis Obispo to San Diego. The
idea is to create a network of engineers, builders, architects, insurance
agents, lenders, contractors, strawbale construction folks and attorneys "to
compete with the non-renewable toxic and environmentally destructive
aspects of
conventional building." (Gary Duncan)

If you are interested in joining, simply send a message to
majordomo at omnipost.com and type in subscribe NBN.
Coordinator of the NBN Mary Ann Froley 1 El Vedado Lane #16 Santa Barbara CA
93105 mafroley at mindspring.com

Santa Barbara
Permaculture Network
224 E. Figueroa St, #C