[Sdpg] EARTH ACTIVIST TRAINING - Jan 4-18 2002

sdpg-admin at arashi.com sdpg-admin at arashi.com
Mon Aug 13 12:27:23 PDT 2001

EARTH ACTIVIST TRAINING - Jan 4-18 2002

      Learn how to create the world you want to live in with Starhawk &
Penny Livingston-Stark
      Cazadero, Western Sonoma County, California

      A permaculture design course for visionary activists

      Learn the skills to transform a piece of land, a community, and our
political and economic systems. Discover the
      tools we need to envision and design a just, free and sustainable
culture are the same ones we need challenge the
      vested interests that keep destructive systems in place.

      Spend two weeks in the coastal California hills learning:

           Nature and wilderness awareness.
           Diversity in ecosystems and in our movement.
           Pattern thinking in design, strategy, and movement building.
           Solutions that exist: alternative energy, organic farming,
natural building, bioremediation and restoration.
           Soil and forest ecology and ecological economics.
           How to collect, conserve, and clean water.
           Movement building, strategy and direct action principles and
practices.
           Consensus process, facilitation and conflict transformation.
           How to transform fear, rage, grief and frustration into creative
action.
           How to stay grounded and centered in tough and challenging
situations.
           How to create ritual and weave magic into action.
           and more!

      Participants will a receive certificate in permaculture design.

      Cost: We are actively fundraising to provide this on a
pay-what-you-can basis to activists. Work trades, payment
      plans and scholarships available. For those who can pay, we estimate
the real cost of providing this program to be
      $1200 per person if you can pay more, that will help subsidize
someone who can't. Please don't let money keep
      you away‹we'll work it out!

      To apply, or for more information, contact:

      Madrone Productions
      PO Box 410187
      SF CA 94141-0187
      415-789-7674
      email: madrone at mindspring.com

To register, fill out the response form.