[Sdpg] WWOOFing Debate (fwd)

sdpg-admin at arashi.com sdpg-admin at arashi.com
Tue Oct 30 21:24:17 PST 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:19:33 -0800 (PST)
From: camille cimino <camcim at yahoo.com>
To: regen list serv <regeneration at care2.com>,
     central coast perma <ccpg-admin at arashi.com>
Cc: sdpg-admin at arashi.com
Subject: WWOOFing Debate

Hello,

I am interested in connecting with people who have
WWOOFing experience, both hosts and workers.  I am
writing an editorial regarding WWOOFing and financial
influences.

For example, I would like to know how people feel
about whether WWOOFING should be supporting only those
who can't afford alternatives.  The argument is that
both wealthy farms and travelers should explore other
alternatives.

 Should well-to-do hosts pay workers since they can
afford to?  Should WWOOFers with moderate incomes
explore supporting local agritourist farms?  Does
WWOOFing take away local jobs?

Is WWOOFing about sharing knowledge about organic
farming and alternative lifestyles?  What about the
value of the culture exchange?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Please respond via email to:  camcim at yahoo.com

Grazie!
 (writing from eco-village Torri Superiorè in Italy)

Ciao!
Camille Cimino