[Sdpg] mushrooms and permaculture workshop

charmoon charmoon at sonic.net
Tue Jun 18 16:14:11 PDT 2002

Greetings SDPG members,

I am contacting you in regard to our upcoming Mushrooms and Permaculture
Weekend Workshop, being held in Sonoma County in August (apologies if you
have received this announcement from other lists). This event will be
presenting some cutting-edge techniques and resources for permaculturists,
serious home gardeners, and small scale farmers. PR information is pasted in
below. A course description attachment is available on request. There's also
information at the Workshop website - see link below.

Of course, we'd like you consider attending the Workshop. In addition, any
assistance or aid you might be able to provide in helping us spread the word
about the event, such as e-mail forwarding, would be greatly appreciated. If
you'd like, I can mail you a colored flyer about the Workshop for posting.

Thank you for your time and attention. Please let me know if you have any
questions.

 most 'shroomcerely,

        Charmoon Richardson

                    PR coordinator -  Forest Garden Productions
                    Mushrooms and Permaculture Weekend Workshop
                    707-887-1888
                    charmoon at sonic.net
                    http://www.sonic.net/permashroom

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

            MUSHROOMS AND PERMACULTURE WEEKEND WORKSHOP

BASIC FACTS:

What:      Mushrooms and Permaculture Weekend Workshop
When:     August 10 - 11, 2002
Where:    Davis Bynum Permaculture Gardens, Healdsburg, Sonoma Co., CA
Cost:        $275
More
Information:    707-874-1244  <>  www.sonic.net/permashroom
Website:         http://www.sonic.net/permashroom
Note:              Pre-registration required to attend.

BASIC DESCRIPTION:

Learn the basics of both Permaculture Gardening and Home Mushroom
Cultivation, in a weekend workshop to be held in Sonoma County, CA, at the
beautiful Permaculture gardens of Davis Bynum winery. Subjects to be treated
include functional planting strategies, rainwater harvesting, zone and
sector analysis, soil building, and bio-remediation, along with basic
mushroom biology and ecology, home mushroom propagation techniques, and the
uses of mycorrhizal soil inoculants.

Discussion of these and other topics is complemented by a full garden tour,
hands-on mushroom/gardening projects, informational handouts, and resource
lists. As part of the hands-on demonstrations, participants will make their
own mushroom kits to take home.

The weekend will conclude with enjoying fine Davis Bynum wines and delicious
mushroom cuisine.

Attendance is by advance registration only. Weekend cost is $275. For more
information, or to register, visit the Workshop Website at:
http://www.sonic.net/permashroom, or call the Workshop coordinators at
707-874-1244.