[Sdpg] Permaculture Center News & Events 8/16 and 8/17

SDECC & San Diego Permaculture Center sdecc at igc.org
Thu Aug 15 01:26:21 PDT 2002

Dear Friends,

Just wanted to let you know that the San Diego Permaculture Center's
website (www.igc.org/sdecc) has been updated with our July/August
newsletter "The BIG PICTURE" and the August edition of the South Coast
Permaculture Guild newsletter.

Also, the San Diego Permaculture Center turns three this summer!  Join us
in celebrating this milestone at the following free events at our office in
the historic neighborhood of University Heights.  Our office is located at
4452 Park Boulevard Suite 205 (2nd floor and between Meade and Monroe on
Bus Route #11). Please RSVP to (619) 298-8879 or sdecc at igc.org.

Friday, August 16, 4 - 5:30 pm - Open House at the Office
Stop by for a visit and light refreshments!  At 5:30 we'll take a half-mile
walk to Trolley Barn Park for the University Heights Summer in the Park
Concert featuring Tami Thomas big band swing & jive. Trolley Barn Park is
located on Adams Avenue at Florida Street on Bus Route #11. The concert is
from 6 pm to 8 pm. Bring a picnic or sample the local food vendors (alcohol
is prohibited in the park).

Saturday, August 17, 2 - 5 pm - Intro to Permaculture Workshop
The workshop will be led by Marcia Boruta and includes an overview of
permaculture with a half-mile walk featuring ecological-design choices for
sustainable living and the school-community garden project.

Hope to see you this summer!

Marcia Boruta, Director
San Diego Permaculture Center