[Sdpg] Sat. Dec.7 - Peace on Earth Holiday Bazaar

SDECC & San Diego Permaculture Center sdecc at igc.org
Fri Dec 6 09:17:58 PST 2002

Dear Friends,

We'll have a table at this event (info below).  We're raising funds for the
school garden project with two holiday gift ideas:  the Premier Edition of
the "Alice Birney Elementary 2003 School Garden Calendar & Coloring Book"
and a children's book "A Trellis for Mr. Ellis, Or How I Saved the World
from Global Warming" by Louisa May Allcat.  Hope to see you there!

Marcia Boruta

EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT------------

Peace on Earth Holiday Bazaar, Saturday, December 7

The annual Peace on Earth Holiday Bazaar is on Saturday, December 7 from
10am to 2pm at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 4011 Ohio Street in North
Park (corner of Lincoln and Ohio). Support local peace, social justice and
environmental groups by buying socially responsible gifts this year.
More than 20 organizations will be on hand with greeting cards, calendars,
t-shirts, ornaments, dove windchimes, jewelry, books, coffee and tea, and
more!!!!

BRING MONEY! COME HUNGRY!
The Middle East Cultural and Information Center will be on hand with middle
eastern food.  Mariposa Ice Cream (3450 Adams Ave., Normal Heights) will be
selling their fabulous homemade ice cream.  (Please support the businesses
that support us!)  Proceeds from these food sales are being donated to the
San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice!

Sponsored by Peace Resource Center, COMD and Project YANO.
Info: prcsandiego at igc.org 619-263-9301 or 760-634-3604

Independently of the Bazaar, the North Park Lions Holiday Parade is also
on that day beginning at 11am and finishing about 1pm. The parade passes
within one block of the Bazaar.

So come to the Bazaar and also join the contingent of the Coalition for
Peace and Justice in the parade.

Our group is in Division 6, entrant #80B and assembles at the corner of
Polk and Utah. Some of us will register our group at 9:30am; you can
either meet up with us at Polk and Utah around noon OR we will also call
over to the Bazaar so those of you at the Bazaar can come and join the
parade, probably around noon.

Bring peace signs, banners and a kazoo if you want to play in the band
section. A kazoo can be made from an empty paper towel or toilet paper
tube with a hole punched in the side and wax paper held on with a rubber
band to cover the end.

We'll hand out leaflets about the Bazaar and the Coalition for Peace and
Justice to the thousands of parade onlookers as we pass them by.

For more information or to help out, call Allen McAfee at 619-282-4358.