[Sdpg] SOS!SOS!SOS!SOS! Anna Marie Carter aka "The Seed Lady" of Watts

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Jan 11 10:29:59 PST 2003

Anna had a great article about her work in LA  last year in Hopedance
Magazine, please read below , her urgent request !!!!!
							wes Santa Barbara Hopedance and Souuth Coast Permaculture Guild
SOS!SOS!SOS!SOS!

IMMEDIATE RESPONE REQUESTED!

From: Anna Marie Carter aka "The Seed Lady" of Watts

With the help of the "Bioneers", the Watts Garden Club has been created in
Watts, CA.  For over a year now we have networked with the entire Watts
Community teaching, networking, informing and enlighting the residents of
Watts on many subjects relating to, but not limited to agriculture. We are
trying to combat the Drug/Gang violence here by creating positive alternatives.
On January 7, 2003 I attended two different meetings in downtown Los
Angeles with the grantors of some of the largest corporations in the
City.  I presented the Watts Garden Clubs pilot Landscaping and Gardening
project for Urban Youth and was told immediately to have these young people
trained and ready to work by March 15, 2003.  The Watts Garden Club stands
to secure a contract for new and exsiting "greening and gardening projects"
all over the City of Los Angeles.  The primary concern for the corporations
is to insure the projects will be properly maintained, as so they will not
loose their investment "dollar". They want to create jobs for our youth to
help stop the killings here.
Do you have any idea what this opportunity means for this community at this
time! This means life, hope and a visible future for our children.

We need funds to advertise, distribute,and process applications, interview,
screen, trainers/training, tools, insurance, gas and Vans.

Please help us to help ourselves!  No donation to small!
Send your tax-deductible donations to:

                     Watts Garden Club
                     P.O. Box 19234
                     Los Angeles, CA.  90019
                     Ph. (323) 969-4740
                     wattsgardenclub at hotmail.com
                     Tax ID# 95-4021351(Earthways)

Thank you in advance!  Pass this on Please!   Anna Marie