[Sdpg] ECOTECTURE UPDATE: Peace and Ecodesign

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Feb 13 23:23:32 PST 2003

ECOTECTURE®: The Online Journal of Ecological Design
http://www.ecotecture.com

(Update #1, 13/02/03)

DEAR SUBSCRIBER,

update focuses to the relationship between ecological design and
peace.  Our timely new articles include:

• AN ECODESIGN STRATEGY FOR PEACE by Philip S. Wenz. Can the ecological
    design community develop an emergency response to the current crisis?

• CONNECTING WITH FRIJTOF CAPRA, PART 2. In his ongoing ECOTECTURE
    interview, the author of the Tao of Physics, The Web of Life and, now,
    The Hidden Connections discusses design values as they relate to
    consumerism, gasoline mileage and Mideast politics.

• WAR TOYS AND ECOCITIES: In our first-ever GUEST EDITORIAL, author and
    ecocity builder Richard Register discusses the connections between our
    toys, our lifestyles and our violence.

We also feature:

  • PERMACULTURE CALIFORNIA STYLE, Part 3.  Penny Livingston concludes
     her ECOTECTURE interview with her own comments on the design and
     function of cities.

And be sure to check  ECOLOGICAL DESIGN CALENDAR for upcoming events.

Yours for a healthier and happier planet,

Philip S. Wenz, Editor/Publisher
and the ECOTECTURE Associates