[Sdpg] Permaculture Gathering in San Luis Obispo County Mar 1 and 2

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Feb 26 19:32:38 PST 2003

Hello friends,
      I'm struggling with aol mail program .... have been trying to give
everybody a clue as to what's planned at the Kimmells in Garden Farms and
elsewhere in SLO County during the March 1st and 2nd weekend.  I'll make
one more stab at it here in the eleventh hour:
      The Santoyos in Los Osos are having their regular
first-weekend-of-the-month workshop in the morning.  They will join us in
the afternoon and perhaps some of their students will migrate here with them.
      The Kimmells will be attending their saturday morning Yoga class in
their neighborhood.  We expect to be home by 11 am, and folks can begin to
gather here at our home near Santa Margarita at Noon.  We will "circle up"
at 2pm to have ceremony and to reunite as a Permaculture Community.  We
will want to honor our accomplishments and begin to vision where we want to
go next.  We will kick off the dialogue for the Memorial Fellowship being
established in honor of Lee Osbaldeston, a Permaculture Trail Blazer in
this bioregion in the 90's.  If there's time we'll try to do a little work
party .... perhaps build a Mulberry-branch-goose-fence, depending on where
people's heads and hearts are.  Potluck feast at 6pm.  Ceremony,
celebration, and music around the fire into the night.  So bring a dish,
eating utensils, drums/musical instruments, new moon enthusiasm,  (karyn
says also bring your "favorite tool and favorite CD), and if you're
planning to spend the night, bring a sleeping bag and rsvp to Rob & Karyn
via telephone (805)438-5745.  See directions to our home below.
      On Sunday morning, March 2nd, at 10am, the gathering will migrate to
the Organic Farm at Cal Poly.  There will be a potluck brunch at 11am, work
party on the Strawbale Structure to Commemorate Lee Osbaldeston, and the
ceremony honoring him will come "full circle."

Clear Paths & Namasté,
Rob Kimmell

Directions to Rob & Karyn Kimmell’s home in Garden Farms
 >From San Luis Obispo, take Hwy 101 N. to the Santa Margarita Lake/Hwy 58
exit, which will turn into the El Camino Real (Old Hwy 101). Proceed
through the town of Santa Margarita and stay on the El Camino Real as it
curves to the north at the edge of town.  Go about two miles and take the
second left, Pine Avenue.  Go one block and turn right on Walnut
Avenue.  Our house is the second house on the right, 16805 Walnut Avenue.

 From Paso Robles, take Hwy 101 S. to the Santa Barbara Rd. exit, which is
on the South edge of Atascadero.  Turn left and pass over the freeway on
Santa Barbara Road, climb a hill to stop sign at El Camino Real, turn
right.  After about 4 miles you’ll pass a convalescent home on your
right, then over the steel bridge, then take the second right after the
steel bridge, Pine Avenue.  Go one block and turn right on Walnut
Avenue.  Our house is the second house on the right, 16805 Walnut Avenue.

There is usually room for several cars to park in front of our house, a few
cars in back.  Other cars can park along either side of the street as long
as you allow enough room for two cars to pass on our narrow
streets.  Telephone: (805)438-5745.  Welcome!