[Sdpg] : Sustainable Building Conference and Permaculture Convergence New Mexico USA

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed May 7 12:06:53 PDT 2003

BUILD HERE NOW! 2003
A NATURAL BUILDING AND PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE
July 6 - 13, 2003
at the Lama Foundation
Taos County, New Mexico, USA
$475

Lama's 5th annual BUILD HERE NOW! will be an exposition of
cutting-edge models for natural building, permaculture, appropriate
technology and community-building applications. Twenty or
more professionals in diverse and related fields of expertise will
present a week-long consortium of hands-on workshops.

FEATURED TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:

NATURAL BUILDING
* Designing a Healthy Home
* Passive Solar Design
* Sustainable Timber Harvesting
* Timber Framing
* Straw Bale Wall Building
* Cob Construction
* Straw-Clay Infill
* Earthbag and Rubble Trench Foundations
* Earthen Plasters & Floors

PERMACULTURE
* Permaculture Principles and Practice
* Watershed Management and French Drains
* Fire Ecology, Erosion Control and Forest Restoration
* Native Medicinal Herbs
* Road and Path Design
* Urban Permaculture

APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY
* Photovoltaic Electric Systems
* Composting Toilets
* Designing Biological Waste Treatment Systems
* Rainwater Catchment

COMMUNITY BUILDING
* Eco-Village Design
* Communication Skills and Mediation
* Community Building
* Spiritual Practices such as meditaiton, yoga and Dances of Universal Peace

* * *
The Lama Foundation is located on 105 acres of high alpine forest in the
Sangre de Cristo Mountains north of Taos. Situated at 8600 feet elevation,
Lama overlooks a breathtaking panorama of the Rio Grande Valley and ancient
volcanic skyline. We offer rustic facilities, clean air and delicious
vegetarian meals. We accommodate most people in our tenting area, although
some dorm space may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Work trades for half-tuition attendance
are still available.

Some Summer Staff positions are also open.

For more information, see our website
www. lamafoundation.org
To contact us, email registrar at lamafoundation.org
or call