[Sdpg] Call Of The Condor: EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Jul 15 13:21:26 PDT 2003

CALL OF THE CONDOR:  VISION COUNCIL FOR BIOREGIONAL ACTION
SEPT 22-29, 2003
SACRED VALLEY, QOSCO, PERU
http://www.lacaravana.org/condor

Dear Friends and Allies of the Earth,

Responding to the Call Of The Condor, representatives from
environmental, spiritual, indigenous, and peace movements from the
Americas, will gather together to hold a Vision Council for Bioregional
Action during the week of September 22nd-29th 2003, with an Equinox
ceremony at Machu Picchu on Sept 21, 2003, led by spiritual leaders of
many traditions.

In one of the most magical sites on the continent, in the Sacred Valley
of the Incas, Qosqo, Peru, approximately 1000 representatives will
gather to form a week-long Eco-Peace Village, demonstrating sustainable
living on the Earth and sharing workshops, plenaries, mult-cultural
activities and ceremonies.

The Condor calls to all people of good will and high vision:
ecologists, traditional indigenous elders, healers, spiritual teachers,
artists, nomads, social activists and peace walkers.

On Sept 21 we will celebrate the Equinox at Machu Picchu, coming
together in the temples of priestesses and healers, and charging
ourselves with sacred energy to guide our vision for the coming Council.

Activities will start at dawn, with yoga, exercises, martial arts,
salutations to the Sun or Taita Inti, followed, by meetings of the
General Council, specific interest Councils, community work, courses
and workshops, indigenous ceremonies, and ceremonies from other
traditions. We will end the day with evening story telling, drumming
around the fire and multicultural activities.

Workshop topics typically include: ecology, art and culture, health and
nutrition, spirituality, indigenous traditions, education,
permaculture, ecovillage design, eco-feminism, alternative economics,
consensus decision making, political action, women's/men's issues among
others. Through their Councils, any participant may offer a workshop.

Space is limited and early registration is recommended.  There is a
substantial discount for participants who register prior to July 21,
2003. Registrations may be paid by credit card, direct deposit or check.

Please help us get out the word:
We ask for your help in getting out the word by sending this call to
your address book and publicizing the gathering through your relevant
newsletters, mailing lists, websites, e-groups, etc.

Donations to enable us to bring indigenous leaders, youth and others
with limited resources are particularly needed.

PLEASE JOIN US, and/or consider BEING A SPONSOR
OF THE Call of the Condor: Vision Council for Bioregional Action
http://www.lacaravana.org/condor

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linda Joseph, ENA - President
Ecovillage Network of the Americas, Central Office

64001 County Road DD, Moffat, CO   81143

mailto:ena at ecovillage.org

http://ena.ecovillage.org

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous