[Sdpg] SEI Newsletter Issue 12 - December 2003

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Dec 18 13:14:03 PST 2003

Renewable Energy Education for a Sustainable Future

<http://www.solarenergy.org>Home |
<http://www.solarenergy.org/workshop.html>Workshops |
<http://www.solarenergy.org/member.html>Membership |
<mailto:info at solarenergy.org>Contact
December 17, 2003

SEI Newsletter Issue 12 - December 2003
Happy Holidays from everyone at SEI!

SEI Announces 2004 Workshops

SEI's 2004 workshop schedule is now available. We are offering more workshops
than ever before, and in new locations. Throughout the Spring we will be
offering workshops in Arizona, California, Texas, Washington, New York, Utah,
Costa Rica, and Colorado. Some of the new workshops offered in 2004 include
<http://www.solarenergy.org/workshops/workshop.php?id>Advanced Natural
Building
and Building Science, and
<http://www.solarenergy.org/workshops/workshop.php?id>Renewable Energy for the
Developing World - Hands-on. For a complete listing of our workshops check out
our website: <http://www.solarenergy.org>www.solarenergy.org.

2004 Solar Energy Calendar

Don't forget to order your 2004 Solar Energy Calendar! A beautiful calendar
filled with photos of past renewable energy workshops, solar facts, quotes,
and
renewable energy event dates. $15 each. To order your calendar
<http://www.solarenergy.org/resources/store.php>click here or give us a call
970-963-8855.

Renewable Energy in Cuba

Spend April in Guantanamo, Cuba at the 6th International Cubasolar Renewable
Energy Conference. Cuba has an amazing renewable energy program having
electrified 2000 rural schools, over 1800 video centers, and hundreds of rural
health clinics with solar photovoltaics. This April you will have a chance to
see the progress they have made in sustainable development for yourself. Visit
RE sites throughout the countryside of Cuba and meet with solar energy
professionals from Cuba and around the world.

SEI instructor Laurie Stone will be leading a US delegation to the conference
with Global Exchange. For more information
<http://www.solarenergy.org/resources/events.html#cuba>click here.

Arizona Public Service Company Promotes Solar!

APS customers soon will have twice the motivation to install solar systems on
their homes and businesses. In an effort to further encourage its customers to
use solar energy, APS will double its current purchase credit to customers
buying and installing solar systems under Arizona's Environmental Portfolio
Standard. Effective January 1, APS will pay $4 per watt, up from $2 per watt
for solar systems that are tied to APS' electric grid, up to 50 percent of the
system's cost. In addition, APS will make a one-time $700 purchase credit to
customers who install solar water heating systems, up from $350. It's time for
all you Arizonians to take advantage of your bountiful sun!

PV Certification

Interested in becoming a certified PV installer? The next NABCEP (North
American Board of Certified Energy Practicioners) certification exam is April
17. Application deadline is January 8. For more information
<http://www.nabcep.org/nabcep/www/pages/pvinstaller/default.asp>click here.

To brush up on your PV before the exam check out SEI's
<http://www.solarenergy.org/workshops/workshop.php?id>PV Design Online
workshop
beginning January 12.

Your Generosity Ensures our Success!

SEI would like to welcome our new members! As a membership-based non-profit,
SEI's members are the heart of our organization and allow us to continue our
educational programs. SEI Staff is passionate about the work that we do and
membership dues help sustain our renewable energy endeavors.

Please join us! Become an SEI member and support our important work (and
receive
a free one year subscription to Home Power magazine.)

<http://www.solarenergy.org/about/membership.html>Click here for more
details on
how you can become an SEI member.

To all SEI members . . . SEI sends thanks!

SEI Wishlist

Thanks to everyone who has donated time and materials to help SEI in our
mission. SEI is always looking for ways to make our work more efficient and
effective. If you'd like to help out, our latest wishlist includes: Adobe
photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, a 12+ passenger vehicle, a diesel work truck,
and
a new laptop computer.

Help create a sustainable future. Please forward this newsletter to your
friends.

<http://www.solarenergy.org>Home |
<http://www.solarenergy.org/workshops/>Workshops |
<http://www.solarenergy.org/about/membership.html>Membership |
<mailto:info at solarenergy.org>Contact

PO Box 715 " 76 S. 2nd. St. " Carbondale, CO 81623
970-963-8855 " fax: 970-963-8866

To unsubscribe from this mailing list
<http://list.solarenergy.org/index.cfm?unSub=27851>click here.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous