[Sdpg] March Santa Cruz class WOMENS PHOTOVOLTAIC DESIGN & INSTALLATION

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Mar 3 09:08:38 PST 2004

Hello friends.  Just thought I would send out another email to get more
women signed up for this fabulous class.  Thank you.  If you know anyone who
is interested in solar electricity please pass this on.  It is a really
informative workshop and lots of FUN.     peace----river
Solar Energy International (SEI) presents the 2004 Womens Program.
The Womens Program at SEI has been growing every year. Because of demand,
we now have more women-only workshops scheduled than ever before! Our goal
is to train and empower women to use renewable energy and seek employment in
the field.  The curriculum is the same as the coed classes.  The difference
is the empowered women that you will network with, learn from, and interact
with in this class.  If you arent familiar with our organization, learn
more about us at www.solarenergy.org<http://www.solarenergy.org/>

WOMENS PHOTOVOLTAIC DESIGN & INSTALLATION - 1 week workshop

Participants in the PV Design & Installation workshop learn how to use PV
(photovoltaic) technology to produce their own electricity from the sun.
The workshop focuses on the practical design and installation of home PV
systems.   Participants learn system sizing, site analysis, hardware
specification and component selection.  The workshop covers typical
applications and case study examples.  This year there are 3 classes
available. Textbooks are included.

Santa Cruz, California, March 8-13. The classroom segment of this workshop
will take place at the Louden Nelson Community Center in downtown Santa
Cruz. March 12 & 13th will be a hands-on 2.5 kilowatt utility interactive PV
installation with local solar installer Akeena Solar. To register, contact
SEI directly or Click here for more
information.<http://www.solarenergy.org/workshops/workshop.php?id=16>

   Why Women Only?  The workshops are intended to provide women with a
supportive learning atmosphere. Many women have little or no hands-on
electrical experience, and may be wary of attending a coed course with men
who have grown up using power tools. Even women with hands-on experience
already working in technical fields find it helpful and rewarding networking
with other women interested and/or working in renewable energy.

Contact Information:  For questions or to register, call Solar Energy
International at (970) 963-8855,
sei at solarenergy.org<http://us.f138.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=sei@solarenergy.org>

.  Or register on our website at
www.solarenergy.org<http://www.solarenergy.org/> .