[Sdpg] The Gathering: An Alliance Of Elders, Healers And Wisdomkeepers Alpine Meadows Camp, Big Bear, California September 9 - 12, 2004

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Aug 27 08:26:51 PDT 2004

Journey To The Heart is a non-profit organization dedicated
to:http://www.journeytotheheart.org/

the promotion of cross-cultural awareness and the formation of
collaborative partnerships with people of diverse teachings and spiritual
traditions based on the principle of spiritual ecology.

The Gathering:
An Alliance Of Elders, Healers And Wisdomkeepers
Alpine Meadows Camp, Big Bear, California
September 9 - 12, 2004
Click here for the 'Snail-Mail' Registration Form (as gatheringform.pdf)
requires adobe acrobat reader
Register with PAYPAL
Click here for a Current List of Presenters
(check back often for updates)
Click here for Previous Gathering Stories

*Click here for Current Schedule*

"One of the great truths of our time is this hunger deep in people all over
the planet for coming into relationship with each other". Mary Caroline
Richards.

There was a time when the Earth was revered. When we honored and gave
thanks for what we took and did all we could to stay in balance. We used to
know, inherently, that we are all related. But then we forgot. The old ways
are dying and with them the stories, ceremonies and sacred traditions.

Over the years, The Gathering has evolved from an event centered around
healers or medicine people working with individuals to a more community
-based event. We work to promote cross-cultural awareness and to provide a
space for sharing knowledge across borders. We assist seemingly divergent
communities around the planet to help toeach other work with hunger,
alcoholism, loss of land rights , or illness.

It has long been prophesized by nearly every indigenous community that , as
the Bushmen say , the "little people" will gather and dance around the
fires ; that rather than continuing to look at differences, we will start
to see that we have more in common than we thought. In fact, in order for
us to address the issues that are plaguing the world today we will have to
put aside our differences and work together. Illness of the individual is
seen as a symptom manifested out of the bigger social and global ills of
the community or planet. Healing is done with the aid of the community and
treating the individual brings healing to the community.

We think of ourselves , particularly in the west , as separate individuals
not as individuals within a universal context. We are interrelated to all
life. Peace cannot happen if we defend our separate ways. Peace will happen
when we know the deep interconnectedness of all life. We will no longer be
able to harm one another. The indigenous people of this planet know this
inherently. Despite our best efforts to change them, convert them, relocate
them , and generally take without asking from them, they have continued to
survive and are willing to share their knowledge. They carry the earth
wisdom that we have forgotten. If we are willing to listen we can begin to
learn how to work together as a global community.

The Gathering provides neutral ground for all of us to come together for
all of our relations, to insure that we do not lose the stories, myths,
healing traditions and ceremonies that are an integral part of the each
village, tribe or nation. This is the common thread that holds these
cultures together. We are blessed to have many wonderful organizations who
on a daily basis are doing wonderful, hard , and sometimes thankless work
on our behalf. There are people who work to save the rainforest, the
whales, eagles and the ocean. But what about the people who are the true
caretakers of the plants, animals , and the land? They are the keepers of
the wisdom and sacred medicine. They are asking to be heard.

"May we all trace our roots to the great Tree of Peace. May we honor the
wisdom of our grandparents and caretake that wisdom for our grandchildren
unto seven generations. Let us recognize the sacredness of this time of
transformation and choice, that we may truly manifest the beauteous family
of humanity." Dhyani Ywahoo

Travel arrangements are provided by Karen Spignola of Brookhaven Travel.
Contact Karen at brookhaventravel at aol.com or by phone at 630.971.1414

THURSDAY SEPT. 9

8-12 REGISTRATION

12-2 LUNCH/INTRODUCTION/OPENING CEREMONY

2 - 3:30 DONNA AUGUSTINE/MATT MCGEE - MIG MAG TRADITIONAL TEACHINGS/KAMASQA
TEACHINGS

3 - 4:30 LAURO HINOSTROZA GARCIA - PERUVIAN TRADITIONAL WISDOM

4:00 - 5:00 - ANANK NUNIAK - WISDOM FROM THE ECUADORIAN JUNGLE

5:00 - 6:30 VIRGINIA RATHELE - ZULU TRADTIONAL HEALING

6:30 DINNER

7:30 ASH DARGAN - DIGERIDOO FROM AUSTRALIA

9:00 OVE SVENNSON - LODGE IN THE SWEDISH TRADITION

FRIDAY SEPT. 10

PRE-DAWN YOGA WITH BOE GLASSCHILD - CHOCTAW

DAWN PRAYERS WITH GRANDMA CONNIE -  HOPI

7:30 YOGA

8:30 BREAKFAST

9:00 - DREAM CIRCLE WITH VALERIE WOLF - NEZ PEARCE

9:15 - 10:45 LAURO HINOSTROZA GARCIA - TRADITIONAL MEDICINE IN THE CONTEXT
OF A GLOBAL AND MODERN WORLD

10 - 11:30 MELVIN BETSELLIE - DINE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE

11- 12:30 PAULINE TANGIORA -  INDIGENOUS RIGHTS OF THE MAORI

12:30 LUNCH

1:00 - 2:30 MANDAZA KANDEMWA - NGANGA FROM ZIMBABWE

2:30 - 4 BENNIE LEBEAU - SHOSHONE TEACHINGS

4 - 5:30 LONE EAGLE - LAKOTA TEACHINGS

5:30 DINNER - EVENING WITH THE BUSHMEN OF THE KALAHARI

7:00 - 10:00 JOHN KETARKUS/RICHARD GROSSMAN  - HEALING WITH ENERGY AND SOUND

SAT SEPT 11

PRE DAWN YOGA WITH BOE

DAWN PRAYERS WITH GRANDMA CONNIE

7:30 YOGA

8:30 BREAKFAST

9:15 DREAM CIRCLE

9:15- 10:45 FLORDEMAYO - MAYAN TRADITIONAL HEALING

10- 11:30 CAROL ANAMIZU AND ROBERT ALCAIN - HAWAIIAN TRADITIONAL HEALING

11 - 12:30  RAMALIBA - VENDA TRADITIONAL HEALING FROM SOUTH AFRICA

12:30 LUNCH

1:15 - 2:45 THAAY OTOMI NATION -MEXICO - ANCESTRAL WISDOM

2 - 3:30  MASAI TEACHINGS

3 - 4:30 VEN. DHYANI YWAHOO - CHEROKEE

4 - 5:30 CRISTO ADONIS - CARIB INDIAN TRADITIONS (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO)

5:30 DINNER -

6:30 - 8 WALTER NOORLANDER - PRE-CELTIC TEACHINGS (ENGLAND)

8 KAJANGU KYKOSA WISDOM POETRY OF BASHI PEOPLE

    FRANCIS AWE - NIGERIAN DRUM CIRCLE

SUNDAY SEPT 12

PRE DAWN YOGA

PRAYERS WITH GRANDMA CONNIE

YOGA

8:30 BREAKFAST

9:15 DREAM CIRCLE

9:15- 10:30 LEWIS MEHL-MADRONA

10 - 11:30 GRANDMA AURELIA MEXICO

11 - 12:30 BOE GLASSCHILD - TAWEPIKI - LIGHTNING DANCE

LIGHT LUNCH AND CLOSING CEREMONY - TREE PLANTING CEREMONY

PLEASE NOTE:  THE SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.  WE WILL POST
A DAILY SCHEDULE ALONG WITH LOCATION WHER