[Sdpg] 8th Annual Permaculture Gathering September 11-13, 2004 | Eugene, Oregon

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Sep 2 04:53:33 PDT 2004

8th Annual Permaculture Gathering
http://www.heliosnetwork.org/epg/special/2004%20_8thAnnualGathering.htm
September 11-13, 2004 | Eugene, Oregon

Greetings!

The Eighth Annual North West Regional Permaculture Gathering will be held
in Eugene, Oregon, September 10-12, 2004.

We are well into planning for the Gathering. Bookmark this site and check
back for updates. This update is being made August 20. Updated Schedule below!

Please tell help us reach more people, tell friends and others about the
Gathering! Thanks!

Location
This year's site will be at Maitreya Eco Village, on Eugene's near west
side. The Village is a wonderfull location for the Gathering. It is home to
nearly 20 people, a large organic garden, various earth friendly structures
and a host of permaculture features ongoing. The site is an evolving and
dynamic example of permaculture redevelopment within an existing medium
density residential neighborhood. The location is at Almaden and Broadway,
or about 20 blocks west of downtown Eugene. The closest larger street is
Chambers, one block to the west of Maitreya. Broadway is 4 blocks south of
7th, which is a major east- west one way street in central Eugene. The
Village is 4 blocks south and one block east of the busy intersection 7th
and Chambers.

Cost
$20 to $40 per day. You may come for a half day, $10 to $20. We encourage
those who can pay more to do so to help the Guild as we offer work trade
and scholarships.

Food
You are invited to share your gardens and pantries. Bring the ingredients
and we will prepare 3 meals a day starting with Friday dinner through
Sunday lunch. Please donate a quantity and quality roughly equivalent to
your own personal consumption. Attendees who do not bring food donations
will be asked to contribute $3/meal.

Lodging
Out of town people: Free lodging at peoples' homes or camping on site.
Contact Rob, [541] 344 7196 to set up housing.

In town people: We will not be providing lodging to people living in town.
However, we would like to create a sense of family and community at the
main event site. Therefore, we encourage you to spend as much of the day as
possible with us and to join us for all your meals.

Transportation
We are making efforts to create as car-free an event as possible. We would
like to encourage all participants to walk, bike, or bus to the
registration site. Participants from the outlying areas (Cottage Grove,
Dexter, etc.) please consider carpools and/or leaving your vehicle at
another in-town location. From further away, please car pool or take the
train. We will pick you up at the station, call Jan if you need a train or
bus pick up, [541] 686 6761

Dogs and Pets
The Gathering is not a place to bring pets and dogs. Please leave them at
home. Thanks!

Volunteer

There will be volunteer/work trade opportunity such as kitchen, recycling,
registration, as need requires. There will be a limited number of
scholarships. Contact Audrey and Adam ASAP at fullyhydrogenated at yahoo.com
or [541] 302 3247

Contact
For more information, Rob at 541 344 7196 or e-mail Jan at spencerj at efn.org