[Sdpg] 7th Intl Permaculture Conference, June 2005, Croatia

San Diego Economic Conversion & Permaculture Center sdecc at igc.org
Mon Dec 6 16:35:48 PST 2004

Dear Friends of the San Diego Permaculture Center,

Sorry for the short notice about the Int'l Permaculture Conference (msg #1
below), but if you think you might want to go, you need to let the
conference organizers know by Christmas (msg #2 below).  I'm hoping to go
and meet others who are promoting "peace through permaculture" in their
communities.  Let us know if you're interested in being part of a San Diego
/ Southern California delegation...

Marcia Boruta, sdecc at igc.org
San Diego Permaculture Center, (619) 255-6111

...msg #1

7th  International Permaculture Conference/Convergence
c/o PERMACULTURE INSTITUTE of EUROPE
Istedgade 79 - 1650 København V - Denmark
Tlf: +45 3331 5694 - Fax: +45 3325 7179 - Email: vestergror at dk-online.dk
www.Permaculture-Europe.org  www.IPC7.org

Early Announcement
I  P C   7

The 7th International Permaculture Conference are hereby officially
announced for may and june 2005

The events are planned and orchestra in a cooperation between Croatian,
Slovenian and Danish Permaculture associations

72 hour certificate course in Slovenia:   17th  -  30th  of may  -  250 eu
5 day tour in Slovenia, Austria, Hungary and Croatia:   1. - 5th  of
june   -  300 eu
5-day Convergence in Croatia:   6th  11th  of june  -  200 eu + accommodation
3 day Conference in Zagreb:   13th  - 15th  of june  -  100 eu

Places, accommodations and programs will be announced through IPC7newsletters.
No. 1 issue January/February 2004 with articles and booking forms for all
events.
No. 2 issue February 2005 for enlisted certificate holders with places,
programs, workshops, travel instructions etc. Will only be send to people
who have enlisted and prepayed a fee of 50 euro per activity.
No. 3 issue January 2006 with reports and comments from the whole conference.

There will be possibility for 3. and 2. world participants to get funded
for participation and travel costs by application to Permaculture Institute
of Europe.

... msg #2 (from Peter Bane <pcactivist at mindspring.com>)

Dear Friends,

We recently received notice (see below) from the organizers of the 7th
Intl. Permaculture Conference that they will need to have received
registrations before Christmas in order to ensure that all events occur
as planned.  If you have thoughts or hopes to participate, please
consider registering sooner rather than later. The deposits are modest
(50eu per event per person), but will assist the organizers to plan
their/our agenda.

We have print copies of IPC-7 newsletter in our office and would be
happy to forward them to those of you who would like to get a more
detailed prospectus of the conference and events. Booking information
and forms are included.

I am planning to attend and have registered. I would be interested to
know who else will be going. Perhaps we can coordinate travel or at
least have some preliminary discussion about issues.

As a way of defraying costs and spreading the information value of the
events I prepared a slide set of images from the tour during the
Scandanavian gatherings (IPC-5), and am offering to do so again for this
central European venue (Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia). Some of
you may prefer to have digital images instead of slides. This should be
possible.  The subscription price for a set of selected images is
US$100, paid to Permaculture Activist by April 1, 2005. Delivery will
follow my return. The materials should be available by October 1st,
2005.

The original organizers' message follows below.

Hi Permaculture activist.

This e-mail is just to remind you and your permaculture-friends that you
have to sign up for IPC7 before Christmas. It is
very important. Otherwise we have to cancell the certificate course, the
5 days tour and to limit the number of participants
at the convergence and conference.

Please send this e-mail to everybody you think want to go to IPC7.

Best regards from Lea, The European Permaculture Institute.
"Int. Permaculture Convergence" <ipc7_2005 at yahoo.dk>

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous