[Sdpg] The Earthaven Ecovillage Learning Center Permaculture Internships Norrth Carolina

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Feb 5 07:17:32 PST 2005

The Earthaven Ecovillage Learning Center Permaculture Internships  Norrth
Carolina
http://www.earthaven.org/learning_center/

Internships

Earthaven Learning Center Internships offer a rare opportunity to
experience life in an emerging ecovillage in conjunction with
nationally-renowned educational programs. Between weekend programs (and two
eight day programs), interns are immersed in the daily life of Earthaven
through work projects, grounding the visionary education with practical
knowledge that comes only through getting your fingernails dirty!

Interns participate in various aspects of community life at Earthaven,
including organic gardening and healthy food preparation, landscape
development and natural building, consensus decision-making and group
process. They have an opportunity to camp and live together as an
intentional community within the greater community. This is a unique
opportunity to anchor learning with action for self-reliant living.

Women’s Internship in Natural Health & Earth Living
June 10-July 31

This circle of women deeply explores their relationships with the earth,
other women, and their own bodies. You will leave initiated into women’s
wisdom with a heart forever changed!

This 8-week internship begins with the week-long Earth Goddess Training:
Permaculture, Herbal Medicine, and Women’s Mysteries.
Weekends follow with The Earthaven Experience, Consensus, Sacred Sexuality
for Women, Bioregionalism, Fertility Awareness, and Nourishing Foods. The
internship concludes with an in-depth 8-day course: Building with Earth &
Straw. Between weekend programs, interns are immersed in the daily life of
Earthaven, building the practical knowledge that can come only through
hands-on work projects.

Women only.

Internship in Ecovillage Living and Permaculture Design
August 12-October 2

This group of men and women are immersed in permaculture, a wholistic
system of design, based on observation of nature, traditional knowledge,
and findings of modern science.

This 8-week internship includes the 8-day Permaculture Fundamentals and the
8-day Permaculture Practicum as well as the following weekend programs:
Earthaven Experience, Edible and Medicinal Plants, Starting an Ecovillage,
Earthen Plaster and Paints, and Ecovillage Planning and Design. Between
weekend programs, interns are provided with the opportunity to explore many
aspects of life in a developing ecovillage through hands-on work experience
which also serves to ground their permaculture training.

Open to men & women.

Tuition for each 8-week Internship:
$2400 – includes camping, meals, materials, & tuition.
Register early; space is limited to 12 interns.
Bring some spending money for trips to town, toiletries, health care needs,
and incidental expenses.

Application process:
To ensure your place, early registration is recommended for our internships.
Intern application steps:
1. fill out this printable application, or request a hard copy
2. we will respond within three weeks
3. if you are accepted, you will then send us a $250 deposit to hold your place
4. A confirmation packet with directions and an orientation letter will be
mailed to you

Contact for more Information:
Direct any questions to Kimchi Rylander at (866) 666 9935 or
info at earthavenlearningcenter.org

The Earthaven Learning Center is based at Earthaven Ecovillage, one of the
most successful intentional communities in the United States. Our
non-profit learning center educates and demonstrates sustainable culture in
a unique way: our teaching team grounds the vision by living it.

Our teaching staff is now better than ever with some of the most
experienced and renowned professionals in their fields. Because our
resident teachers work and live at Earthaven Ecovillage, programs you take
through the Earthaven Learning Center will give you a realistic idea of
what it means to live intentionally in an ecologically sensitive way.

It is rare to find an educational center that spans as many aspects of
personal and planetary healing as we do. From Natural Building and
Permaculture to Herbal Medicine and Sacred Sexuality, we offer a deeply
wholistic approach to life.

Sign up now for upcoming courses to receive an
10% Early Registration Discount
off program fees for deposits postmarked or submitted on-line six weeks
before any weekend or 8-day course!

Featured Upcoming Courses:

4-5 weekend Intensives:
Permaculture Fundamentals: 5 Weekend Program
with Patricia Allison
April 9-10, May 14-15, June 4-5, July 30-31, August 20-21

Wise Woman Ways of Herbal Medicine: 4 Weekend Program
with Corinna Wood
April 16-17, May 21-22, June 25-26, July 23-24

Designing & Building Your Dream Home Ecologically:
Site Design
with Chuck Marsh, April 16
Building Design
with Paul Caron, April 17

Sacred Sexuality:
Sacred Sexuality for Men
with Rudi Ballantine May 20-22

Ecovillage Internships
Women’s Natural Health & Earth Living June 10-July 31
Ecovillage Living and Permaculture Design August 12-Oct 2

email:
info at earthavenlearningcenter.org

phone:
866-666-9935 toll free