[Sdpg] Call for workshop proposals Twin Oaks Communities Conference 05

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 13:40:24 PDT 2005

Perhaps some of you are feeling like it's time to get
out there and share what you've learned here.

So just in case:
-------------------
Call for Workshop proposals for the Twin Oaks
Communities Conference.
August 19 - 21 (NOT Labor Day weekend)

The hunt for workshop presenters for the Twin Oaks
Communities
Conference has begun! This is a great opportunity to
strengthen
connections, as well as create new ones, with a
diverse range of
individuals and communities from across the movement.
We are looking
for a diverse range of topics focusing on
communal/cooperative
living.

We like dynamic, highly interactive presentations. We
will review all
proposals and base our selection of workshops, in
part, on their
relevance to community living; we will have Open Space
available for
broader interest topics.

Here is a list of workshop topics we are interested in
offering:
leadership, challenges/horror stories and how to deal
with them, a
101 survey of the different kinds of community out
there, a panel on
the state of the communities movement, how to start a
community,
interpersonal relationships, cooperative
decision-making,
permaculture, alternative building techniques,
alternative energy,
urban communities, community businesses, arts and
culture, and
healing.

Many of these are topics that featured repeatedly in
conference
participant’s evaluations in the last few years. And
this list is by
no means exhaustive.  If you have other workshop
proposals we
definitely want to hear about them.  We are also
interested in people
bringing their gifts and talents and plugging in in
other ways, such
as catalyzing music and arts and crafts experiences,
leading yoga or
tai chi, leading cooperative games, etc.  We will
likely host another
community storytelling session; let us know if you'd
like to
participate,

Join us in creating a rich and powerful experience of
our unique
community culture. Sky is workshop coordinator this
year, email him
at <skyblue at riseup.net> or reply to this msg.

In community,
skyblue*