[Sdpg] Earth Activist Training September 11-25 2005 and January 7-21 2006 Starhawk

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Aug 23 06:10:52 PDT 2005

Next Earth Activist Training sessions:  September 11-25, January
7-21  Starhawk and Erik Ohlsen
Honoring the Land, Natural Building September 27-October 1

Learn to create the world you want to live in!  Starhawk and Erik  Ohlsen,
with Penny Livingston-Stark, teach Earth Activist Training: a
two-week intensive that synergizes permaculture, effective
activism,  nature awareness, and spirituality.  Next EAT sessions are

September 11-25, 2005; and January 7-21, 2006.
Location: Northern California.
Cost: $1100-$1600 sliding scale, loans and worktrade available.

September 27-October 1,"Honoring the Land: Building WITH Nature," a hands-on
workshop with Starhawk and Ethan Castro,   2005.  For more information,
visit www.earthactivisttraining.org.
Questions? mer at starhawk.org or voicemail 707-583-2300, ext 119. new this year:

The permi-culture course made so much sense, practical and easier than
conventional gardening that i could see a way forward in the dreams i had
for my life . and it really inspired the rest of the group from
Aberdeenshire as well, we re now doing project days once a fortnight were
we spent a whole day doing some thing ( grey water , irirrigationnd rain
water collection,  composting , renewables. gardening , low impact
dwellings &I have never been so inspired before, and not just inspired but
really doing it.  Life really is one big learning curve. Eileen (Student at
the Earth Activist Training course, Scotland.)

Permaculture now seems to be a buzz word flowing through almost the entire
activist scene in the UK, and ideas for making our ways of living the real
protest are coming alive.  Rob (Student at the Earth Activist Training
course, Scotland.)

A month has passed since the G8 protests in Scotland, and our frenzy of
collecting tat, building compost toilets and greywater systems for the
eco-village encampment, and then tatting down .  I ve had some time to rest
up, relax, and begin to digest the whole experience.  I ve been to an
inspiring workshop with David Holmgren, one of the founders of
permaculture, who sees it as the strategy and tools needed to face a future
of energy decline and growing ecological stress.  There s a deeper way that
permaculture, magic, and political organizing come together, beyond
lockdowns in gardens and compost toilets for actions.  And that s in the
deep cultural shift we need to make in our ways of thinking, from a
fixation with things to an understanding of patterns and systems and
connections.

I m more than ever committed to teaching and sharing the skills I have in
making that shift.  We re gearing up for our September Earth Activist
Training in northern California, and as always we need help to make it
available to those who most need it.  If you ve appreciated the updates and
would like to support the work, a donation to the EAT scholarship fund will
help us support the youth, the activists, and the older people in
transition who want this training but can t afford it.

You can donate online at www.earthactivisttraining.org
<http://www.earthactivisttraining.org/>
Go to the top of the page and click on the Donate Button

Checks can be made out to:
Earth Activist Training
EAT
PO Box 291
Cazadero, CA  95421

For tax deductible donations of $50 or more, write a check to our fiscal
sponser:
Occidental Arts and Ecology Center, earmark it EAT, and send it to:
Earth Activist Training
P.O. Box 291
Cazadero, CA 95421
(I m sorry but we can t offer a tax deduction for smaller amounts it simply
costs us most of the amount to process.)

We have a few spaces left for the September course and the Honoring the
Land course in natural building that follows, as well as the January
courses.  Information is at www.earthactivisttraining,org and below.

Learn to create the world you want to live in!  Starhawk and Erik
Ohlsen, with Penny Livingston-Stark, teach Earth Activist Training: a
two-week intensive that synergizes permaculture, effective activism,
nature awareness, and spirituality.  Next EAT sessions are September
11-25, 2005; and January 7-21, 2006.  Location: Northern California.
Cost: $1100-$1600 sliding scale, loans and worktrade available.

  And new this year: September 27-October 1,"Honoring the Land: Building
WITH Nature," a hands-on
workshop with Starhawk and Ethan Castro,   2005.  For more information,
visit www.earthactivisttraining.org.
Questions? mer at starhawk.org or voicemail 707-583-2300, ext 119.

Starhawk is a lifelong activist in peace and global justice movements, a
leader in the feminist and earth-based spirituality movements, author or
coauthor of ten books, including The Spiral Dance, The Fifth Sacred Thing,
Webs of Power: Notes from the Global Uprising, and her latest, The Earth
Path.

Starhawk's website is www.starhawk.org, and more of her writings and
information on her schedule and activities can be found there.