[Sdpg] L.A. Eco-Village Special Event with guests from Mexico Sun 11/20 starting at 3 pm

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Nov 18 11:56:20 PST 2005

CRSP Institute for Urban Ecovillages invite you to join us
at Los Angeles Eco-Village

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20,  3pm - 10 pm  COME FOR ALL OR PART

SPECIAL GUESTS FROM MEXICO:

Presentations:       3 - 6 pm
Dialogue:            6 - 7 pm
Veggie potluck:      7 - 8:30 pm
Music making:        8:30 - 10 pm

with:

Laura Itzel Castillo Juarez
Secretary of Housing and Community Development,  Mexico City.  Laura
will describe efforts being made toward sustainability in Mexico City
under acting  Mayor and former City Environmental Secretary Alejandro
Encinas.

Laura Kuri
Ecovillage Network of the Americas Council Representative from Mexico,
Bioregional organizer, environmental community development activist and
founder of Mexico's Vision Council Earth Guardians.  Laura is also
working with inner city youth to develop an urban ecovillage in Mexico City.

Giovanni Ciarlo & Kathleen Sartor
They play musical renditions of original and traditional songs from
various cultures of the Americas.  They were co-founders of  Huehuecotyl
Ecovillage where they have a home.  Gio is Ecovillage Network of the
Americas'
Council Representative to the Global Ecovillage Network.  Gio and Kathy
also design sustainable education programs internationally and at
Huehuecotyl.

Location:            Los Angeles Eco-Village, 117 Bimini Pl., LA 90004
Fee:                    No Charge
Reservations:     Recommended 213/738-1254 or crsp at igc.org

Please see our website for details on this and other upcoming events:
www.ic.org/laev/

If you'd like to be deleted from this notice list, please reply with
<delete> in the subject.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous