[Sdpg] Permaculture Guesthouse Jerusalem: amazing organic gardens, free internet, more!

seedmind at usa.net seedmind at usa.net
Wed Dec 7 03:30:00 PST 2005

(please excuse me if you receive multiple postings, as i'm also sending this
to my listervs,
friends, and family)

hey folks-
it's been a long time since i've been on the permaculture listservs (basically
i've been
transitioning from home in california to home in israel) and it's been good to
read recent posts.
it's really info of high quality.

amazingly, jerusalem has the best weather i've experienced year round
anywhere, including
california, hawaii, and florida. a little chilly in the winter for
subtropicals unless you rig their
microclimates just right, but lots of sun and clear air. i also live in a
wonderful place: southeast
facing and walls protected by earth on the northside. last winter i used
virtually no fossil/
electric house heating. plus on yesterday, dec. 6, i ate one of my largest and
tastiest vine-
ripened brandywine tomatos of the year (on fresh crusty bread with home
made/grown basil
pesto). it's no wonder so many people care about the land of jerusalem. the
soil is also very
fertile and friable. down on the coast and center of the country near tel aviv
it's usually warmer
but very humid/hot in the summer.

anyhoo, come for a visit and live large at my guesthouse (info below).
teach/work well and you could stay free. i have a beautiful community of
eco-peace people
around with plenty of social and cultural stuff to do, party, get all holy.
the scale of the city is
very walkable and bikeable (think santa barbara), and plenty of delicious food
and drink.

if you think you understand the politics of this region and you've never
visited...you're
dreaming. fortunately, just about everyone i meet from any ethnic background
around here
(and there's an incredible variety) is very pleasant. then again, i ain't
looking for anything edgy,
just simple good living. oh yeah, i drink the delicious water straight from
the tap, unlike in most
municipal places in the US. go figure, ancient city > great water.

drop me a note anytime, i'd be happy to hear from you-
shalom-
akiva werbalowsky

------------

Permaculture Guesthouse Jerusalem, free internet, amazing organic garden,
more!

You're invited to visit the Jerusalem Eco-Learning Guesthouse to experience
the best in
permaculture, organic gardening, peaceful and healthy urban living, and great
social
connections! You can be involved even if you just come for the day, parties,
workshops, or
special events. Email me if you want to be on our announcement list.

we are in the whole ground floor of an apartment building in the upscale
Rehavia-
Katomon area of central jerusalem, convenient to everything! beautiful large
gardens,
yard, and patios. also available, a special packet of information instantly
providing local
"inside info" about living, touring, and having fun and success in jerusalem
and israel.

world-class compost pile, solar hot water and rainwater harvesting, free
wireless internet,
amazing organic vegetable garden, healthy meals, completely furnished, special
massage space
and therapists for men and women, evening socializing, live acoustic music,
more!

comfortable, warm, quiet private and multiple occupancy rooms for men and
women, breakfast
and dinner each day, shabbat hospitality arranged with local singles and
families, touring the
best nature and eco-sites in israel!

eco-learning sessions after breakfast with 30-year experienced organic grower
and
university instructor from california and guest instructors from israel and
abroad

now taking reservations, only 10 spots available per week, booking up quickly
into the
summer so don't delay!

first and second week  $300 each, all costs included (5 breakfasts and 5
dinners per week)
third and fourth week   $250 + 5 hours work trade each
fifth and sixth week      $200 + 5 hours each
7th week on                 $100 + 10 hours work trade

after that...if you are capable and dedicated...live free and get paid to help
teach and
manage the joint!

(from outside of israel, deposits for half your total reservation are paid
through
paypal.com to the account under this email address. discounts for those making
aliyah
and new immigrants, or if you pay for 4 weeks in advance)

living, learning, celebration, training, practice, teacher training...
professional skills for a
sustainable 21st century!

photographs available by email and detailed information by phone.

call:
Akiva Werbalowsky, MA, CPD
email: kevinakiva at yahoo.com
phone: 052-569-4533
phone from outside of israel: 972-52-569-4533

.

.