[Sdpg] March events and announcements

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Tue Feb 28 20:26:03 PST 2006

Happy March!

THANKS TO THE JOYOUS WORK of the lovely group that came out for last weekend’s Service Learning…Quail Springs is well on it’s way to a comfortable and efficient composting toilet system to serve groups!  And our swale system is newly adorned with several fruit and nut trees, and a rock ‘waterfall’ overflow.  The sun graced us with bright, warm days and the rain waited to water the trees until folks were on their way home ☺

JOIN US FOR OUR UPCOMING "NATURAL BUILDING INTERIORS" SERVICE LEARNING WORK WEEKEND MARCH 10-12th!
We will be working on the interior of the community straw bale building…learning and practicing with making and applying earthen plaster, and doing other interesting finishing work, which may include bench and counter building.  This is a volunteer, free of cost event weekend.   Food is potluck, camping is provided.  Bring friends and family of all ages!  (No experience needed, just interest.) It’s a blast to get muddy and build at the same time!  RSVP and receive directions, current gate codes to info at quailsprings.org or 805-886-7239.

LOOKING AHEAD TO MARCH 31-APRIL 2 "PREPARING A COB FOUNDATION" SERVICE LEARNING WEEKEND
We will have an experienced cob builder and teacher (Betty Seaman) here to share more about the ins and outs of preparing a foundation.  Don’t miss this free/volunteer opportunity to get crucial experience in foundation preparation, which is not covered even in full length cob workshops, yet is essential to a good house!  RSVP and receive directions, current gate codes to info at quailsprings.org or 805-886-7239.

COB WORKSHOP REGISTRATION ANNOUNCEMENTS
Take advantage of our early bird registration dates for our May 21-31st Complete Cob Building workshop! For 20% discount, register at least 60 days in advance (by March 21, 2006).  For 10% discount, register at least 30 days in advance (by April 21, 2006).  (Family/friends coming together automatically receive 10% cumulative discount!)  In addition, we have some partial scholarships/work trades available for the super-inspired with low income ☺   Register from our website www.quailsprings.org, or contact info at quailsprings.org or 805-886-7239 for more info.

Resident Caretaker
Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm
www.quailsprings.org