[Sdpg] Garden Prep Service April 14-16 and Thank You

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Wed Apr 12 12:44:35 PDT 2006

Garden Preparation Service Learning Weekend – Friday April 14 to Sunday
April 16

For the soil loving seed planter or anyone who wishes to learn and play
in the garden!  We’ll be adding nourishing compost, seeding, mulching
and singing while the chickens do some tractoring!  Join us for all or
part of the weekend.  Maybe we’ll do an egg hunt to salute Spring.

No Cost. Food is potluck with kitchen facilities and community gathering
space to share.  Tent camping or camp inside straw bale community
building (under construction) if needed.  Families welcome.  RSVP
(please include your phone number, email address, and where you are
coming from) and receive directions at info at quailsprings.org or
805-886-7239.

About the weather, we’ve had only sprinklings of rain this week, and
will likely get a bit more on Friday
the temperatures are much warmer
and we are happy that the ground will be moist for gardening!  We will
garden rain or shine. If you wish to check the weather report – try
www.weather.com for our zip 93254.

Important Road Info – highway 33 is closed 8 miles north of Ojai, so
visitors to Quail Springs will need to take one of the other routes
(Highway 166 from Santa Maria, Lockwood Valley Rd from I-5
)  For
directions, contact info at quailsprings.org .  To check on road closure
status, http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/ or call Cal Trans
1-800-427-7623

A HUGE THANK YOU to the folks who came out last weekend to help with the
Cob Foundation!
We were deeply touched that you came from all the way from Utah, San
Diego, Carlsbad, Newport Beach, Oceano and Figueroa Mtn. areas to help
and learn at Quail Springs.