[Sdpg] Permaculture Design Course Berg en Dal*Ladismith Klein Karoo, South Africa, Sept 23-Oct 4

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Jul 12 09:43:26 PDT 2006

Permaculture Design Course
Berg en Dal*Ladismith
Klein Karoo, South Africa

Sept 23 to Oct 4 2006

BERG EN DAL

The Klein Karoo Sustainable Dryland Permaculture project (KKSDPP) is home
to Berg en Dal Ecovillage. We are a Section 21 Company, with 21
shareholders who enjoy the sustainable use of 400Ha of semi-arid wilderness
and agricultural land. We offer models of broad and small-scale
Permaculture land-use, as well as various sustainable building projects;
green energy use and products. The community is in its 7th year, and
progressing
..
COURSE CURRICULUM
·       Needs analysis
·       Ecology
·       The sustainable energy culture
·       Right livelihoods
·       Permaculture Ethics and Principles
·       Permaculture Design including:
ü       Observation
ü       Mapping
ü       Sector analysis
ü       Zone analysis
ü       Need/Output analysis
ü       Linkages map
ü       Ecovillage design
·       Infrastructure pioneering
·       Broadscale strategies
·       Resource management incl:
ü       Soils
ü       Water
ü       Plants
ü       Animals
·       Access
·       Sustainable building
·       Sustainable energy
·       Organic practices
·       Field trips

APPROACH

Our approach is professional, hands-on, participatory, practical and
outcomes-based. You will leave the course with a good basic design and the
tools to implement it at your property or project
These management skills are applicable in all environments.
The 72-hour Permaculture Design Course is an internationally recognized
qualification.

Comments from participants:

“..this is the best value for money I have had on a course
” D Van der Zee

      COURSE COSTS:

R4000 includes a manual, lunch, teas and excursions.

A deposit of R1000 received by 30 August secures your place.
Accommodation and other meals are excluded.

Contact:
alexkruger at berg-en-dal.co.za
028 55 11 678
View the full course details on www.berg-en-dal.co.za

Permaculture is a design framework that weaves together people, plants,
animals and the built environment in order to provide for human needs in a
sustainable manner. It is not geographically specific, and can be used in
any context or climate. Permaculture aims to create systems that produce
more energy than they consume.
Permaculture is based on an appreciation and understanding of our natural
resource wealth, and couples the sustainable use thereof with human
creativity. This approach stimulates a more positive and proactive
perspective on development, and enables sustainable resource utilisation,
with quality of life and economic returns as outcomes.

Permaculture offers an ethical base which embraces the triple bottom line,
prioritising the natural environment, as this is indeed the source of all
wealth on the planet.