[Sdpg] INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE at Pine Manor Retreat Center In Northern San Diego County CA October 6-8, 2006

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Aug 30 09:20:44 PDT 2006

INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE at Pine Manor Retreat Center
October 6-8, 2006

Come Learn about the principles and practices which offer a Foundation
for Sustainable Living!!!

This dynamic workshop is about learning solutions to environmental and
social problems that we can implement in our own lives, in our local
communities, or on larger scales. In doing so, we develop skills that
help us foster communities that are more ecologically regenerative,
socially cooperative, and personally satisfying.

This three day, hands-on course will offer an initial insight into
Permaculture Design, with five weekends over the next five months
offering workshops in the five elements of Permaculture: Food, Waste,
Water, Shelter, and Energy!

•	Rediscover components of traditional culture and empower yourself in
the                  movement from being dependant consumers to
becoming responsible                   producers and participants in a
more symbiotic community
•	Learn about the skills of ecological gardening, energy efficient
natural building, rainwater harvesting and wastewater reuse, among
others
•	Learn how to design, build, manage and enhance your applied
ecological skills from the household to the community scale. These
experiences will promote our sustainable future as members of a
responsible and restorative culture.

***The cost for this 3-day Introduction to Permaculture workshop
including meals and
lodging, is $300, or $90 per day.

Taught by local environmental educators, naturalists and permaculturalists:

Bill Roley, PhD.  Director,  Permaculture Institute of Southern California
Deanna Moore, M.A. Ethnoecology and Education
Eric Humel, M.S.  Regenerative Studies, Cal Poly, Pomona

To register please contact Deanna Moore: 949-981-8067 or moore.deanna at gmail.com