[Sdpg] This Week on Sustainable World

Sustainable World Radio sustainableworldradio at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 15 22:30:36 PST 2006

This Week: Shopping!

On Friday, November 17th at 9:00 am, PST and on Monday, November 20th, at 9:00 am PST, Sustainable World will broadcast an interview with Brian Highley of the Canadian magazine Adbusters. Brian will be talking with us about "International Buy Nothing Day." Buy Nothing Day (BND) is observed on the day after Thanksgiving. On that day, usually the busiest shopping day of the year, Adbusters encourages consumers to buy nothing.  Brian discusses the high cost of rampant consumerism and how we can change our shopping habits. To offer some comedic relief we'll play some gospel songs by Reverend Billy, an irreverent reverend who exorcises Starbucks' cash registers.

As always, if you have any questions or comments during airtime, please call the station at (805) 893-2424.

Sustainable World Radio: Friday mornings at 9:00 am PST, and Monday mornings at 9:00 am PST on KCSB 91.9 FM in Santa Barbara, California. Also, streaming live world
wide on www.KCSB.org.

Please email events to be listed in our Community Calendar to sustainableworldradio at earthlink.net.

Thanks for tuning in and thanks for your support!

Jill, Kevin and Suzanne