[Sdpg] Quail Springs hiring Development Director

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Mon Feb 12 11:02:10 PST 2007

Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm seeking part-time
Development Director

We are seeking a part-time Development Director (DD) to join our team in an
important time of capacity building for Quail Springs Learning Oasis and
Permaculture Farm.  The DD would be responsible for developing new and
ongoing relationships with foundations and individual donors and would
assist with our Trees for Children program development.  We are seeking
someone who is experienced in fundraising, passionate about our mission,
highly creative and capable of working independently.  Specific roles would
include grant writing and reporting, research, appeal development, major
donor relationship building, event planning, and collaborating with the
Board of Directors and Executive Director. The DD would work from his or her
own home or office while keeping in regular communication with Quail Springs
via email, phone, and periodic meetings.  This person will need to be
familiar with aspects of the Santa Barbara or Tri-County philanthropic and
nonprofit community and have 3 years or more fundraising experience or the
equivalent skills.  This position would begin as soon as possible, with an
initial 10 hour/week, 3 month contract with the intention to grow the
position considerably.  Please direct inquiries to Warren Brush (Executive
Director) at w at quailsprings.org or 805-886-7239.

Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm is a land-based project
of True Nature, a non profit organization, dedicated to the learning and
sharing of essential living skills which support personal, community, and
ecological health and balance. We accomplish our mission through the
offering of workshops, "apprentorships for teens", residencies and
internships at our permaculture designed farm setting and learning oasis in
the Cuyama Valley of California where life-long learning is nurtured in an
atmosphere of community support.

To learn more about Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm, see
www.quailsprings.org <http://www.quailsprings.org/>