[Sdpg] Sat. Mar.3 Food Justice Conference

SDECC & Permaculture Center sdecc at igc.org
Tue Feb 27 06:25:01 PST 2007

Dear Friends of the San Diego Permaculture Center,

We hope you will join us this Saturday, March 3, for the "Cultivating Food
Justice Conference" at San Diego City College (see announcement below).  We
will have an information and networking table at the event.  Space is
limited however, so please register in advance!
Hope to see you there,
Marcia Boruta
San Diego Permaculture Center

---Conference Announcement---

You are invited to attend a free conference

CULTIVATING FOOD JUSTICE
building a local movement
Keynote address by Dolores Huerta, co-founder of United Farm Workers

San Diego is surrounded by farmland, an ocean, and a border. Each is a vital
component of our local food system, each is threatened by our policies and
practices.

Buzzwords such as  "obesity," "globalization," "immigration," "local food,"
"global warming," and "peak oil" are flooding the media. Although you may
see them in different news stories, their meanings are interconnected in
ways that are too often ignored. We can connect these words and the concepts
they represent and create fertile, nourishing change for San Diego, or we
can continue to feed ourselves, unaware of the spoonfuls of stories and
connections behind each bite.

We believe that the energy and ambition are there -- that we have the
passion to change the very fabric of San Diego's current food system. We
invite you join us on March 3rd for a free conference exploring food
justice. Bring your enthusiasm, concern, and voice to the table and help
grow our local movement.

When: Saturday, March 3rd, 2007
Registration: 8:30am
Opening: 9am
Workshops: 10am-4pm
Community Forum: 4:30-5:30
Dinner: 6pm
Keynote: by Dolores Huerta 7pm (www.doloreshuerta.org
<http://www.doloreshuerta.org> )
Cost: FREE!
Where: San Diego City College (1313 Park Blvd., San Diego, 92101)
Parking: Free parking along Park Blvd. and east of the 5 Freeway
Public Transportation: Take the Orange or Blue Trolley line to City College
stop

Registration: Space is limited, please register now at
www.sdfoodnotlawns.com <http://www.sdfoodnotlawns.com>
or call 619-518-2626

For more information email: sdfoodnotlawns at gmail.com
<mailto:sdfoodnotlawns.com>

Volunteers needed! If you would like to help in any small or large way,
please contact Food Not Lawns at the above e-dress. Thanks!

San Diego Economic Conversion Council (SDECC)
San Diego Permaculture Center
sdecc at igc.org
http://sdecc.igc.org