[Sdpg] For sale: 8-acre property near Austin Texas with cob and strawbale cottage

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Thu Mar 15 20:06:14 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Stephens [mailto:jack at nbnetwork.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:10 PM
To: 'Jack Stephens'
Subject: For sale: 8-acre property near Austin Texas with cob and strawbale
cottage

Dear Friends,

An opportunity like this doesn't come around very often. Please pass this on
to your circles of influence.

Very best regards,

Jack

PS Many new additions to the Natural Building calendar for March and April.
Please take a look at http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/calendar.htm

Jack Stephens
The Natural Building Network, mail to:jack at nbnetwork.org,
http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org, (541)344-5436. 10am-4pm Pacific Time.
(GMT - 07:00)
Natural Building news, information on workshops, builders, contractors,
designers, architects, publications,
resources, etc. Connect with the Natural Building community!
NBN is a non-profit organization. Join today and receive a free issue of
CobWeb or the Last Straw Journal.

An in-progress natural building/ecovillage project looking for a new
owner to take to the next step.

A beautiful 8-acre property near Austin, Texas with an almost-finished
cob cottage and half-built strawbale cottage is for sale.  We bought
this land in 2001 after an extensive search to find an ideal piece of
land for natural building and maybe an ecovillage down the road.  This
site is indeed very well-suited, with a rural setting while having easy
access to town (both Austin and Bastrop, Texas), good soil for building
and gardening, big trees, a pond, good neighborhood and minimum
restrictions.  Some of you probably know how much legwork it takes to
find a property where you can build your own natural home and pursue an
intentional community.  We did that legwork and got the project started
-- building upon it will be much easier than starting from scratch.

It is our primary concern to find like-minded people to take over the
ownership and keep it going.  So while this is a sale and there is a
price tag, we will do whatever we can to help the right people own this
property.  Any and all offers from such a party will be seriously
considered.  Financing is tricky for these "non-traditional" houses, but
we think we have a workable solution.  We really want to keep this
property in the circle of the natural building community -- there is a
tremendous interest in Austin area and this property has been a good
asset, serving as a site for many workshops and open houses.  My wife is
on the board of directors of the local natural building organization, so
arranging for more workshops to help the new owners build is very
possible and encouraged.

You can find detailed information about the property from my web site
below.  The contact info is also there.  Please check it out, and pass
the word to anyone who may be interested.  And please send us your
well-wishes/thoughts/prayers so that we can find the right people who
will love what we have started and take it to the next level.

http://www.hashimusic.com/cob-cottage

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Ari (and Terri) Finch-Koinuma