[Sdpg] 4th Bay Area Regional Permaculture Convergence- July 7th and 8th 2007

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Jun 12 09:30:04 PDT 2007

Please pass on to your Permaculture networks and beyond!
Really hope to see you all there.
Love
~Kat

Converging on the Edge
4th Bay Area Regional Permaculture Convergence

Bike Tour
Sat, July 7th, 2007
10am - 5pm, starting at Fruitvale BART station
After Party at a local Permie Cooperative Household in North Oakland

Permaculture Convergence Summit at Merritt Community College
Sun, July 8th, 2007
Registration Opens 8am
Program from 9am-8pm
Breakfast and Dinner are provided, lunch is potluck

A little bit of thoughtful observation of our ecology, economy, and
culture will show that big changes are upon us.  However you choose
to look at it, we're on the edge of something big.  What better way
to address these times than to get together with some of the most
forward thinking minds in the bay area to not only discuss but decide
what the future looks like?

We've all pursued Permaculture as a means of bringing hope and
providing a solutions oriented perspective to the situations we
face.  Come and find out how others are optimizing their niche in
this dynamic society.  Share your projects, inspirations and
evolution of permaculture philosophy as it applies to your life.   We
can see this time of convergence as an opportunity on the brink of
transformation to ease the flow of human and natural systems
integration.  The future is in our hands, let's get together and shape it!

We'll spend Saturday immersed in the products our most abundant
resource - PEOPLE POWER, as we bike to several sites demonstrating
how urban permies put their small and slow solutions into a backyard
and community scale.  Sunday, we will gather at Merritt, nestled in
the Oakland hills where we will co-envision and create the many
mutual benefits emerging from this very literal edge of human and
natural ecology.  Don't miss out on this great opportunity to connect
the nodes of sustainability branching throughout the bay area and beyond!

Please pre-register to assist the planning process.
There are many roles for volunteers to make this event
thrive!  Please contact us if you can contribute some time to assist
with this very special gathering.  We have positions for preparation
as well as on site set-up and clean-up.  Many hands make light work!

For details, registration and more information:
<http://www.urbanpermacultureguild.org/convergence/>www.urbanpermacultureguild.org/convergence/
contact us at:
<mailto:convergence at urbanpermacultureguild.org>convergence at urbanpermacultureguild.org

Directions to Merritt Community College:
<mailto:convergence at urbanpermacultureguild.org>http://merritt.peralta.edu/apps/comm.asp?$1=40434

         Thanks, we look forward to converging with you soon - BARPC
planning team