[Sdpg] Summer Events

SDECC & Permaculture Center sdecc at igc.org
Fri Jul 27 11:49:24 PDT 2007

Dear Friends of the San Diego Permaculture Center & SDECC,

Summer greetings!  It's been awhile since we've communicated, but I wanted
to tell you about a few events this summer:

1) We are still planning a report-back on the recent International
Permaculture Conference, but in the meantime you can hear audiotapes of the
presentations at the conference website: www.ipc8.org.

2) As Chair of the University Heights Park & Recreation Council, I hope
you'll join me at the Summer Concerts in Trolley Barn Park (Adams Ave. &
Florida St.) every Friday from 6-8p through August 17 (for a schedule, go
to www.neighborhoodlink.org/sandiego/uhcdc). I'll be staffing a table and
promoting the upcoming design meeting on the joint-use park at Birney
school.  The meeting will be Sept. 10, 6-8pm.  We've been working on this
project for a long time and see it as a way to encourage multi-functional
use of public land.

3) Starting on July 29th, San Diego Food Not Lawns will be hosting their
second-annual week of "Eat In, Act Out" events to promote locally grown
food as a way to reduce our energy consumption and improve community
health.  Activities will include:
July 29: Cobb Building Work Party at the Poetry Bench, Balboa Park, 8am-2pm
(www.poetrybench.com)
July 30: Fruit and Vegetable Canning Workshop at City Farmer Nursery, 6-8pm
July 31: Healing with Herbs and Whole Foods Workshop, City Heights Wellness
Center, 6-8pm
August 1: Eat In, Act Out Summer Blowout...community dinner, music, movie
and summer grown food swap at the City Heights Performance Annex, 6pm-10pm
August 2: Solar Oven Building and Baking Workshop, City Heights Performance
Annex, 6-8pm
August 3: Tomato Taste Off, City Hall, 12-1pm
August 4: Seed Saving and Composting Workshop, location TBA, 11am-2pm
August 6: Edible Bike Tour of City Heights, meet at the City Heights
Performance Annex, 1pm-4pm
The August 1 dinner will include students from Morse High School's Terra
Nova garden, a program that is sponsored and supported by San Diego Roots
(www.sandiegoroots.org).  To find out more about Eat In, Act Out week,
visit the SD Food Not Lawns website: http://sdfnl.mgayler.com/projects.html

Hope to see you this summer!

Marcia Boruta
San Diego Permaculture Center

San Diego Economic Conversion Council (SDECC)
San Diego Permaculture Center
sdecc at igc.org
http://sdecc.igc.org