[Sdpg] [Scpg] Orchard share proposal

EcoHome ecohome at pacbell.net
Sun Aug 26 09:45:33 PDT 2007

Hi Permaculture Friends,

I have about 20 fruit and nut trees at Eco-Home in Los Angeles.  They're
too much for the two people living here to take care of properly or  to
harvest and make good use of all the fruit.  I'm wondering if someone in
the LA area would be interested in maintaining the trees in return for
ownership of the fruit from the trees?

We have: 3 plums, one Asian pear, 1 Almond, 1 Sapote, 1 dwarf komquat, 1
dwarf navel orange, 1 dwarf tangerine, 1 dwarf grapefruit, 2 apples
(Beverly Hills and Gordon), 2 apricot, 1 peach, 1 nectarine, 1 fig, 1
dwarf avocado, several pineapple quavas, 1 persimmon.

Maintenance involves 1. Foliar feeding of the trees 4 times a year.
                2. Buying and installing and refreshing the non-toxic
pest control devices, approximately
                    every 8 weeks during the fruiting season.
                3. Tree pruning once a year
                4. Fruit thinning starting in late May or early June
through August.
                5. Fruit harvesting throughout the fruiting season,
generally from June through Sept.

Our dwarf avocado needs to have a branch from another gender grafted
onto it in order to produce.

It's a great entrepreneurial opportunity if you obtain a license to sell
the fruit.  I'd love to see this orchard truly thrive and have all the
fruit used.

Julia Russell