[Sdpg] The Holistic Life: Sustainability through Permaculture Ian Lillington NEW BOOK

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Oct 8 07:47:01 PDT 2007

The Holistic Life: Sustainability through Permaculture

book cover: The Holistic Life

  Ian Lillington, 2007, 144 pages full colour

Ian Lillington first heard about permaculture
when working on an inner-city farm in Liverpool,
England in the 1980s. Soon he was involved in the
international permaculture network, applying its
principles and practices to house and garden
design and community development.

In this timely book, Ian sets out the vision for
a sustainable planet as well as methods we can
all use to get there. The time has now come to
get serious about using alternatives and
conserving what we already have, rather than
living as if there is an unlimited supply of what
we all know to be limited resources. Here are
some simple starting points which you can
implement to be the change you wish to see in the world.

• Meeting New Challenges

• Permaculture­An Antidote to Consumer Society

• Feeding Ourselves

• Growing your own

• Personal and household strategies for sustainable living

• Some Simple Starting Points

• Using less fossil fuel­Understanding our energy addiction

• Villages within the city and Community Gardens

• Permaculture Principles

Ian began teaching permaculture on a Permaculture
Design Course in 1992 (in Manchester, UK), and
then moved to Hepburn Springs, Australia to work
with David Holmgren (co-originator of the
permaculture concept), and continued teaching at
his demonstration home in Willunga and at the Food Forest, South Australia

Now living in Castlemaine, Central Victoria, Ian
is active in a town where ‘re-localisation’ is
well underway, with a very active Sustainability
Group, and is employed as a project manager to
assist with the development of small-scale
housing clusters and sustainability initiatives in schools.

David Holmgren says:

This book is a great place to start for anyone
wanting to live more sustainably. Ian Lillington
fulfils a need for a simple and up to date
introduction to permaculture. He highlights how
our own behaviour is a central issue in
permaculture design with concrete examples of how
living permaculture reconstructs our world.
This overview of the scope of permaculture
solutions is especially made real through Ian's
own experience in a wide range of locations.
Beyond this down-to-earth and practical approach,
Ian's simple explanation and interpretation of
permaculture ethics and design principles
provides an accessible insight into the theory of permaculture.

Paypal

Price: $25

Mail Payment

Please send cheque or money order for $25 (or $45
AUD for international orders) to:
Holmgren Design Services
16 Fourteenth Street
Hepburn Victoria.
3461
Australia

Email us for inquires about discounts on bulk
orders  <mailto:info at holmgren.com.au>info at holmgren.com.au