[Sdpg] November newsletter

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Thu Nov 1 16:42:30 PDT 2007

Quail Springs' November 2007

Fall is with us, the cottonwood leaves are falling, as we harvest the fruits of an
amazing year with thankful hearts, we are looking toward winter with many
preparations.

The coming months will involve planning our 2008 calendar of events, to
include a Skill Builder Series of weekend workshops as well as Service Learning
weekends, our 3rd Permaculture Design Course (with Geoff Lawton), EcoNest
workshops, and other special events!  We'll keep you posted.

Although we have a break in offering of Service Learning weekends for the
coming winter months, if you are specially interested in volunteering with
natural plastering projects, please get in touch and we will aim to coordinate
volunteer visits for this.  info at quailsprings.org or 805-886-7239

IMPORTANT announcement to ALL Quail Springs friends, family, interns and
other guests!

As of January 1, 2008, the gate codes with be changing monthly.  Therefore,
you will need to contact us for the current code even if you have been here
many times before.  We are doing this as part of a concerted effort to address
issues with the private landowner through whose property the private road that
gives access to Quail Springs crosses.  It is critical that each and every vehicle
coming to Quail Springs strictly observes the 10 MPH speed limit on the
private road, as well as ALL TRAFFIC LAWS.  In other words, this is no longer
an opportunity to teach a young person how to drive, no riding in the back
of the truck or on the bumper, and be sure to keep your lights on at night
despite how much you want to see the moon and stars, etc. etc.  We must
require adherence to these rules for all approaching Quail Springs in order not
to jeopardize our ease of access.  Thank you for understanding and helping!

EcoNest workshops 2008
The beginning stages of the EcoNest will involve workshops in which builders, home owners, or
other interested folks will work with the EcoNest team in a series of two workshops that give the
participant a solid foundation in understanding this unique system of sustainable building.
Dates and cost are TBA.  If you would like to be on an initial interest contact list, please email
info at quailsprings.org.

Available for purchase.  Quail Springs, An Experiment in
Permaculture
Quail Springs, An Experiment in Permaculture, by Joss Jaffe, serves as an important research
and development tool supporting permaculture design and the long term vision of Quail
Springs.  If you are interested in purchasing the book, please let us know at
info at quailsprings.org.  The cost of this full color book is $30 including the CD, or $10 for the CD
only, plus $5 shipping.

Interested Interns please inquire for 2008...
We'll be taking in new interns again in Spring 2008, but we may make exceptions for new interns
this Winter for those with natural building experience and ability to house themselves for winter
weather.  All interested interns feel free to inquire regardless and we will see what timing may
work.
Work and live "on the farm" through volunteer internships beginning with up to one month,
with possibility of up to 6 months.   Assist with ongoing permaculture development of the farm
and share in community life.  Projects this year include food systems, gardening, aquaculture,
natural building, watershed restoration, animal husbandry, capital campaign development,
and more.  Experience and training is not needed, although this is a great opportunity to further
experience and education in all aspects of farm and permaculture site development.    Contact
info at quailsprings.org for more info.

The following special offering will be hosted by Quail Springs...

PLANT SPIRIT HEALING ***APPRENTICESHIP*** with Pam Montgomery
Plant Spirit Healing accesses the conscious intelligence of plants in order to direct the
dynamic nature of energy. Plants are sentient beings whose symbiotic relationship with
humans gives them the unique ability to communicate, guide and heal us on physical,
emotional and spiritual levels.
When plant spirit healing is undertaken you begin living according to your own true nature.
You become more fully who you are and more engaged in walking the path that is uniquely
yours. As one of Pam's clients said, "There's no room for Lyme disease because I take up
more of the space."
Plant Spirit Healing is on the leading edge of vibrational healing. Accessing Spirit through
the avenue of the green world is one of the easiest and most effective ways to achieve
healing at a root level. The healing that occurs is not symptomatic, rather it transforms the
source of the dis-ease or challenge.
This certified college level course is designed for those who desire to receive in-depth
understanding and training in:
*	personal healing - physically, emotionally and spiritually
*	 accessing your true path in life and living your bliss
*	 integrating plant spirit healing into an existing practice
*	 creating a new healing practice with plant spirit healing
*	 practicing spiritual ecology in one's personal and professional life
*	 working to bring balance to the Earth
Your apprenticeship will include:
*	 Spiritual Ecology theory and practice
*	 heart, soul and spirit - the triple spiral path of healing
*	 communication with plants
*	 accessing plant spirits through the dreamtime
*	 energy anatomy and chakras
*	 interaction of plant spirits with the Four Elements and Medicine Wheel
*	 shamanic journeying techniques both with plants and for people
*	 developing working relationships with animal and other guides
*	 "seeing" intrusive energies and extracting them
*	 heart entrainment, soul retrieval and spirit loss
*	 "greenbreath" to overcome obstacles and access plants' healing gifts
*	 developing green allies for personal, professional & planetary healing
*	 practical application of plant spirit medicine in a healing practice
*	 personal growth via vision quest, sweat lodge, fire vigil, night walking
*	 and more
Dates: 4 sessions in Winter-Spring 2008.
January 10-13, February 14-17, March 13-16 and April 10-13, 2008.
Thursday 10:00am to Sunday 4:00pm.  All sessions must be attended.
Cost:  $1995   Includes instruction, materials, all meals, camping or dorm spaces for all 4
sessions plus Pam's new book, Plant Spirit Healing: A Guide to Working with Plant
Consciousness.
Registration: To register, send a $200 deposit to:  Partner Earth Education Center, 1525
Danby Mtn. Rd., Danby, VT 05739
Full payment is due by January 10 unless other arrangements are made.
For more information: Please contact Susan Draffan at 805-646-2690 or
info at ShiningSpirits.net.
Pam Montgomery is a leading educator and practitioner of Plant Spirit Healing. She teaches
workshops and apprenticeships across the U.S. and internationally and has documented her
pioneering work on healing the energy body with plant spirits in her book, Plant Spirit
Healing: A Guide to Working with Plant Consciousness, forthcoming in Fall 2007 from
Inner Traditions. Pam is also the author of Partner Earth: A Spiritual Ecology and a
contributing author in Planting the Future.   For more about Pam, visit:
http://ent.groundspring.org/EmailNow/pub.php?module=URLTracker&cmd=track&j=171984043&u=1711573

The following events are hosted by friends of ours in the
region...

FERRO CEMENT WATER TANK WORKSHOP
November 4th to 10th 2007
Los Olivos, CA

Taught By Paul Kemnitzer working with Ferro Cement since 1982

In one week, build a 10,000 gallon water tank. Learn a trade as well as utilitarian art
form, and /or
possible business. This process can also be used to build hot tubs, houses, sheds, benches,
furniture,
urns, etc. your imagination is your guide!

$650 for the week includes all materials, instruction, tools, meals and camping.
This course will take place at SPIRIT PINE SANCTUARY, a demonstration
sustainability site.

MORE INFO AND REGISTER AT: 805 698 3840

Water is something we often take for granted as an endless commodity. We are
increasingly finding
water shortage a part of our world and water catchment-storage is a topic we will all need
to be
familiar with in the near future. Come learn to build ferro cement catchment/storage tanks
for
yourself or as a business.

IT TAKES A VILLAGE
Join ElderFire Communities and the Ojai Eco-Village as we present an evening with Lois
Arkin, founder of L.A. Eco-Village and the Cooperative Resources & Services Project
(CRSP), a resource center for small ecological cooperative communities.  Lois has co-
edited two books on sustainability and cooperative living issues and is a founding
member of the Ecovillage Network of the Americas. We'll be exploring a whole-systems
approach to resolving community issues that focuses on working together to integrate the
social, economic and physical aspects of neighborhood life.

November 14, 2007
7:00pm to 9:00pm
The Community Room in the Earth Play building
501 East Ojai Avenue

ElderFire Communities is presenting programs featuring dynamic discussions led by
exceptional citizens who, through their own life experience, exemplify the role of the
Elder in our society.  This is the third in a series which will bring new voices forward in
an ever evolving community dialogue.
ElderFire Communities  (805) 794-9191  info at elderfirecommunities.com

Quail Springs is a project of the True Nature Society, a community
supported non-profit organization.
Please consider giving a financial or in-kind donation to help us continue offering
important services to the community.

TO MAKE A FINANCIAL DONATION TO QUAIL SPRINGS ONLINE, GO
Or send in your contribution to PO Box 417, New Cuyama, CA 93254.
Thank you!

In-kind donation needs list
*	Chain link fencing for watershed restoration project
*	Used mixed size lumber for small building project
*	SunShade Sails (http://ent.groundspring.org/EmailNow/pub.php?module=URLTracker&cmd=track&j=171984043&u=1711574) or other shading materials
*	Self-powered arc welder/generator
*	Motorized bicycle, moped, scooter
*	Petal Bicycles w/baskets or trailers
*	Bike repair tools and spare parts
*	Flail mower
*	3-point hitch grater for our tractor

On-going Needs
*	MULCH, GRAVEL, ROCK, Farm equipment, Trees and garden plants

Service Needs
*	Marketing consultation, Event planning services, Catering services for special events

Our postal address is
PO Box 417
New Cuyama, California 93254
United States