[Sdpg] Can Appropriate Water Technology Help Los Osos and other cities...? Two Social Presentations in SLO County, Keynote Speaker: Jonathan Todd, of Todd Ecological Design Inc.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Jan 22 17:59:42 PST 2008

Sustainability...the Final Frontier!
Can Appropriate Water Technology Help
Los Osos and other cities in our County...?

Keynote Speaker: Jonathan Todd, of Todd Ecological Design Inc.
(www.toddecological.com) an award-winning water and natural resources
planning firm, will be visiting San Luis Obispo County on February
6th and 7th to address appropriate technology in San Luis county
including the Los Osos sewer project. Todd Ecological specializes in
the development of ecological technologies for food production, waste
purification and conversion, environmental restoration and systems
integration ofr architecture and eco-industrial parks throughout the
world. The focus is to provide clients with cost-effective aesthetic
solutions to wastewater, storm water, aquatic environment management,
and bio-solids conversion.

Two Public Presentations &
Sustainability Socials
(Pizza, Beer, Wine, Sweets, Raffle, & Music!)

February 6th, Weds;  6 ­ 9 pm
SLO Botanical Garden ($20 suggested donation)
New education & convention facility. (www.slobg.org)
(El Chorro Regional Park, across Hwy 1 from Cuesta College)
(Between Morro Bay & SLO)

February 7th, Thurs; 6 ­ 10 pm:
LOS OSOS @ South Bay Community Center
($5 suggested donation)
(2180 Palisades Ave, behind Skate Park)

Available at both events:
  ~ Music by THE CUESTA JAZZ ENSEMBLE

~ By Donation (All Funds raised will assist sustainability efforts
within SLO County)
• Food by American Flatbread Pizza,
• Beer tasting by Cayucos Brewing Company,
• Wine tasting, and
• Slo Chai and SweetEarth Chocolates

~ Examples of appropriate technology to maintain a healthy water cycle:
1. Low Impact development strategies
2. Ultra low flow toilets or high efficiency 1.28 Gpf
3. Rainwater harvesting
4. Dual Flush Toilets .9 / 1.6 Gpf
5. Grey water reuse systems
6. Energy Star Appliances (Clothes washer and dishwasher)
7. Composting toilets

For more details about this event, please see the press release

For downloadable flyer please click HERE.

For more details:
www.slosurfrider.org
Noah 772-7668
nsmukler at yahoo.com

www.slogreenBuild.org
Mikel 674-5534
Jessica 466-6737 x 203

www.hopedance.org
www.santalucia.sierraclub.org

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in
new directions, in order to grow." - Anonymous