[Sdpg] DVD's of 3-DAY, 8th International Permaculture Conference in Brasil 2007

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Feb 12 07:23:00 PST 2008

DVD's of  3-DAY, 8th International Permaculture Conference

Professional video recordings of the 8th International Permaculture Conference
May 16-18, 2007, in São Paulo, Brazil

Now available
here:  <http://www.ipcon.org/ipc8dvds>http://www.ipcon.org/ipc8dvds

Presenter bios are
here:  <http://www.ipcon.org/ipc8presenters>http://www.ipcon.org/ipc8presenters

2007 8th International Permaculture Conference
Greening our Economy with the Principles of Permaculture

Permaculture is an ecological design science for
creating efficient, productive, and
self-sustaining systems that serve human
communities and evolve into dynamic and
regenerative relationships with the surrounding
environment.  As such, the promise of
Permaculture extends far beyond food production
systems to our entire economy.  How we can use
the principles of permaculture to green the
global economy was the theme of the 2007
Permaculture Convergence in São Paulo,
Brazil.  By linking the Permaculture concept to
the emerging field of green economics we can
begin defining what a sustainable global economy
might look like and how it can be practically
adapted to ensure that human welfare and
ecological imperatives are rooted at the center
of the model.  The theories and language of green
economics provide sustainable policies with a
compelling argument couched in the powerful language of money and economics.

The Conference hosted international speakers who
presented plenaries, workshops, and case studies
that are directed towards responding to the
immediate challenges facing a world that must
decide its course.  Their work highlights public
policy requirements and the active participation
of the business community necessary to encourage
sustainable economies at the local, state, and
national level.  Sustainable Cities,  Financial
Systems in a Sustainable Economy, and Sustainable
Development are the three panel discussions
during which the themes of global environmental
markets, micro-financing, green accounting,
certification, complementary currencies and
carbon credit exchange are presented.

DAY 1 ~ May 16th, 2007

DISC 1:
Keynote Speakers
Ali Sharif - Director of IPC8
Oded Grajew (portuguese)
Jeffrey Bronfman
Robyn Francis
Carlos Louge (español)

DISC 2:
Workshop on Sustainable Cities
Caridad Cruz - Cuba (español)
Tony Andersen -  Denmark
Donna Morton - Winnipeg, Canada
Declan Kennedy - Germany

DAY 2 ~ May 17th, 2007

DISC 1:
Keynote Speakers
Aerton Paiva (portugese)
José Berenger (portugese)
Vítor Fernandes (portugese)
Paul Stamets

DISC 2:
The Challeges for the Financial System in a Sustainable Economy
Giovanni Bartonini (portuguese)
Divaldo Rezende (portuguese)

Round Table Discussion
Jim Gollin, Donna Morton, Carlos Louge,
Declan Kennedy, Scott Pittman

DAY 3 ~ May 18th, 2007

DISC 1:
Keynote Speakers
Roberto Perez, Cuba (español)
Alexandre A. Takamatsu (portuguese)
Eric Fedus
Brock Dolman
Tião Rocha (portuguese)

DISC 2:
Sustainable Development from a Practical Perspective
Valentina Benavides - Equador (español)
Joel Cossa - Mozambique (portuguese)
John Nzira - South Africa
Josephine Kizza - Uganda
Prem Thapa - Nepal
Narasanna Koppula - India
Mouy Man - Cambodia

(All audio is in English with Portuguese subtitles, unless otherwise noted.)

<http://www.ipcon.org/ipc8dvds>http://www.ipcon.org/ipc8dvds